January Window

ayrshire jag

Hopefully we are not isolated at foot of table on 31 Dec. I think we need a minimum of 4 players, Centre back, left back, central midfield and striker. The reality is this what we required in summer but with exception of Seaborne I don't think Carroll (on loan) and Eccleston are up to the mark. I fear that we will do our usual and Maxy will miss the boat again. We have 3 very wealthy guys in charge, Beattie, Allan and Chopray, they will have a decision to make in January, splash some cash or face relegation and potentially years in wilderness again

I hope they make correct decision.

Finally who should we target that we have a realistic chance of getting in.

AJ

Ps yesterday at Kilmarnock was an embarrassment

Too late now, but Stephen McManus before he took McCall's shilling at the end of last season would have been a perfect fit. Better use of budget than Stevenson anyway.

Darren O'Dea came up somewhere lately, that would be decent if possible.

Saw Frank McAvennie in Tennents last weekend, maybe he's got one more season in him to help Dools??

As bad as this team is I don't think we can pin our hopes on the January transfer window base on the manager's record of bringing in quality players.

Or even players of half decent quality!!

We brought in Mair, Fraser, Taylor, Bauban and Erskine last January and I can't think of many that were disappointed in those signings

Is it a good idea to announce who we are likely to target as possible loan players or even permanent signings? Our desire to keep Taylor was well publicised, and we know how that worked out. Just about every other club in our Division, and some below, will be able to outbid/outpay us, so any targets should be kept quiet until the signing is made.

• 1 month later...