Discount For Next 2 Home Games

Fawlty Towers

and what about Season Ticket Holders who have stumped up from the start ?

Peter Sellers (Shop Steward) to his workers:

"Brothers, I've just negotiated a great deal with the management: you'll all get exactly the same wages for working only on Wednesdays from now on!"

Disgruntled voice from the back: "What; every Wednesday?"

Well done to the club for offering this deal.

• Like 2

Whilst I applaud the club's initiative for trying to add numbers to the gate, it's things like this that annoy me as a ST holder.

Where are the extra incentives for ST holders whether it be a reduction for a cup game or even a money off voucher for club merchandise?

Membership of 'TAG'?

I'm not even sure what it is to be honest having never been told directly by the club through email or written correspondence. If I didn't use this site it would be unlikely I'd even have known about it.

I realise there will be folk like the person above more or less saying it's only 2 games etc but as ST holders are continually told that they are the lifeblood of the club I do think there should be some extra incentive with the ticket.

Other sports with less high profile such as Ice Hockey & Basketball offer incentives with their STs but football doesn't. I'm unaware if the Glasgow Warriors do this season but know they have in the past.

One last thing, I'm assuming this offer is being advertised on other platforms than the official site? Would make more sense if you're trying to attract 'others' whether they be new or 'lapsed' Jags fans. How many of them read the Jags official website?

If it is only on the Official site it's hardly going to attract many.

I've said before, the marketing of the club is a concern. If you didn't know better you'd suggest they weren't bothered about getting more folk through the gate.

I'm a season ticket holder and I think from it I effectively get 5 free home games per season plus discounts for hospitality when offers are ran. This is good but more importantly Archie knows his budget before season with the money up front.

As per marketing. We have a small budget. Best and cheapest marketing is word of mouth and social media so we can all do our bit.

I'm a season ticket holder and have zero issue about this.

Anyone buying a season ticket for financial value is off their head. I already missed the St Mirren game this year and may very well miss a couple more before season is over.

Hopefully we get a decent take up of this and can get decent crowds for these games

• Like 1

Was meaning to add that I think the occasional package like this is on balance welcome. It's possibly not going to net the Club any more in turnover but as a good will gesture to pay at the gate fans, it can't be faulted.

It's up to the Club to protect (indeed develop) ST sales and and still be able to make such offers to non ST holders. The only way to do that without reducing the price of a season ticket is by added benefits. I assume the Club would envisage doing that thru Tag membership. I'd suggest that's the area needing attention before the next ST renewal time.

• Like 2

Has anyone else had a go at this? Registered with the website tonight, have tried to purchase a £20 concession ticket (being a student) but it's not giving me the choice of anything other than the £30 adult ticket. Think a few people on here had similar problems with their season tickets a few months back?

Also, at the basket, the 'Product' comes up as "Membership Updates". Probably to do with being a non-season ticket holder - my current memberships come up as "Website Membership - Perpetual Product".

So, just got in touch on the 'Contact Us' link and asked if they could help. Just explained the problem and said I was willing to come into the office. Fingers crossed... :whistling:

• Members

Would I be right in saying the hospitality package for the St Johnstone game doesn't offer varying prices for ST holders and non ST holders? If so it's things like this in combination with the 2 game offer that can jeopardise future ST sales.

I reckon that ST holders aren't the target market they're looking for with hospitality sales LIB.

I reckon that ST holders aren't the target market they're looking for with hospitality sales LIB.

Certainly looks that way. It's great to see the Club doing so well that they can overlook as sizable a market segment as ST holders. And I really don't know why I keep getting e mails telling me about "hospitality deals" that effectively don't apply.

• Like 1

I had already purchased a ticket for the St Johnstone game,club gave me the money back and got the special deal,i think it is a great deal,well done.

Not having a pop at you Falklanall1, but for what it's worth here are my reasons why I believe this is not a good idea;

We are basically selling things cheaper to people who are either willing too, or already have paid the full price.

We need more new blood through the doors. Probably best thing about Thistle is that we are not the old firm and are a friendly club. The biggest selling point we have at the moment is that we are a premiership team and that all "kids go free". Our club IMO should be shouting this from the roof tops whenever we can and it would be worth advertising this on local television, press, radio, social media etc.

Many young kids want to go to the football, if we can really promote Thistle as the family friendly club, with free admission for kids, that will surely bring plenty of new faces through the door.

Say the club was to spend £3000 on advertising this and it brought 1000 more through the gate with roughly half paying the admission price that would bring in about £10000 before any add ons.

We should speculate to acumalate on this one, better this than to move about in ever decreasing circles.

We are basically selling things cheaper to people who are either willing too, or already have paid the full price.

We need more new blood through the doors. Probably best thing about Thistle is that we are not the old firm and are a friendly club. The biggest selling point we have at the moment is that we are a premiership team and that all "kids go free". Our club IMO should be shouting this from the roof tops whenever we can and it would be worth advertising this on local television, press, radio, social media etc.

Many young kids want to go to the football, if we can really promote Thistle as the family friendly club, with free admission for kids, that will surely bring plenty of new faces through the door.

Say the club was to spend £3000 on advertising this and it brought 1000 more through the gate with roughly half paying the admission price that would bring in about £10000 before any add ons.

We should speculate to acumalate on this one, better this than to move about in ever decreasing circles.

Great post :thumbsup2:

I don't like knocking the very folk that came up with Kids Go Free, perhaps one of the best initiatives our Club has ever originated. But while I broadly welcome anything that will put more bums on seats, like this double header deal, I really believe the Club could come up with something more imaginative.

If the Club wish to reward those who turn up regularly then there's undoubtedly other ways they could go about things which would be both more effective and more rewarding. If on the other hand the Club want to widen the fanbase I don't believe this sort of preaching to the converted is either that effective or sustainable.

The bottom line tho' is this double header deal shouldn't be knocked. I just don't particularly rate it terms of effectiveness or sustainability,

In fairness to the club, I wasn't intending on going to either game, so they have £30 from me that they weren't going to get. Even if someone was going to one of these games before, but not the other, the club are £8 better off. This is before any 50/50 tickets, programmes and catering.

Also, I am now able to go to 3 games including the League Cup quarter final against Celtic, for a total of £45. I feel this this is a realistic price and good value.

Has anyone else had a go at this? Registered with the website tonight, have tried to purchase a £20 concession ticket (being a student) but it's not giving me the choice of anything other than the £30 adult ticket. Think a few people on here had similar problems with their season tickets a few months back?

Also, at the basket, the 'Product' comes up as "Membership Updates". Probably to do with being a non-season ticket holder - my current memberships come up as "Website Membership - Perpetual Product".

So, just got in touch on the 'Contact Us' link and asked if they could help. Just explained the problem and said I was willing to come into the office. Fingers crossed... :whistling:

I had a season ticket card from last season. I wasn't able to commit this season due to starting a new job which also entails a couple of Saturdays each month. I was happy to see this offer.

I had issues as I had to get a membership first. Phoned club during the week and they got the IT guy to phone me back and enable me to take this excellent offer. Great service and an excellent offer.

In terms of sponsorship and marketing surely the SPFL could be doing a better job and to a degree the club. That and tv money are just as important to the club as ticket sales these days particularly with the paltry crowds we are attracting this season. Every little helps.

Long term we should be looking at filling as much of the ground as possible gradually incressing revenue. Higher attendances increases other revenue streams. I'm off to the Attendance thread for a crowd **** :P

• Members

The Club have been criticised in the past for not trying things to get more folk through the gate. This may or may not work, but fair play to them for trying different stuff out. There's definitely a lot more going on this season with trying different things out. Not all of it is going to work but hopefully they can come up with a little gem!

• 3 weeks later...

A baffling hospitality offer arrived in my inbox this morning.

For Aberdeen, a season ticket holder only package at £60 (£50 + VAT). This obviously doesn't include a match ticket.

For Hamilton, including match ticket £50 including VAT.

The former includes three courses rather than two and a free drinks for which season ticket holders are expected to pay, effectively, an extra £32.

Edited by BowenBoys