Scotland V Roi And V England

Lambies Lost Doo

• 2 weeks later...

Keane is an abomination. A thoroughly nasty piece of work, in my opinion. After the recent affirmation, of his intention to damage Alfie Inge Haaland, via his book, I think he should serve a minimum 1 year ban from all types of football activity.

It would be entirely inappropriate for me to do down his, em, heritage, but I think he'd make the ideal Clyde manager.

Mon Scotland, intae this mob.

• Like 1

Keane is an abomination. A thoroughly nasty piece of work, in my opinion. After the recent affirmation, of his intention to damage Alfie Inge Haaland, via his book, I think he should serve a minimum 1 year ban from all types of football activity.

It would be entirely inappropriate for me to do down his, em, heritage, but I think he'd make the ideal Clyde manager.

Not sure if he would go back to Broadwood, he didn't do too well his first time there!
  • Like 2

Mon Scotland, intae this mob.

Can't stand this guy man, possibly one of the most unlikeable characters in football and probably the most miserable as well. With all that money you would think he could crack a smile now and again. Although, have heard it was self defence and he called the police after the incident... Not sure what the laws are in Ireland but hospitalising someone sounds a little more than reasonable force.

But good idea from the club, i'm quite far away from Firhill so not really worth it, but hope it goes well.

Excellent game if anyone is yet to tune in. Both sides having a real go and it's end to end.

Robertson at left back is fantastic. He's going to the top.

Fletcher upfront is a complete diddy though. Tries all sorts of flicks and tricks and barely any come off. Also just missed a great chance. Reminds me of Stokes but with a weaker shot.

Whittaker not great but don't expect as much from him, known to be limited at this level. Rest are all doing their jobs well.

Really good performance. Worth noting while our next game is Gibralter, R.O.I play Poland in the final game of the group. So assuming we win, we will be at least joint second in the group. Hopefully that game will be a draw.

edit: first time in a long time I'm getting into the Scotland games, top game of football and every player playing for their life. Makes a real refreshing change.

Edited by read'n'yell

Wasn't at the game so can only go on TV coverage but it looked to me as if both managers got it right. A draw would've suited Ireland and it took a very well worked goal to beat them, while it looked like we had faith in getting that goal and went about it the right way to get it.

Not sure if I understand the criticism of Stephen Fletcher. Has always looked an intelligent sort of forward but as I say I wasn't at the game.

Besides all that Scotland scoring when we did, holding out well and surviving a late smack off the crossbar. Remind anyone of another recent game?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

As things stand we'd qualify as the best third place team.

Interesting to note that despite looking the toughest group on paper, Poland, Georgia and Gibraltar were all the lowest ranked teams in their pots whilst Ireland were the second lowest ranked team in their pot, so UEFA have it as the weakest group.

Ranieri has Greece bottom of their group after losing 1-0 at home to the Faroes. Ten years ago Greece were champions of Europe and we were the team with horrid results against minnows. How things change.

Great game last night - well not actually the football - but the passion and intensity were amazing

Ireland very physical and aggressive ....haven't seen the ball up in the air so much since dick Campbell's time

Fletcher was missed when he went off I suspect the result of a bob challenge in the first half of

It's great to go to Scotland games just now !

• Like 1