Ict Or St Mirren

thebiglemon

There are basically two criteria that might define a "good draw". The first is a team that you're likely to beat. The other is a big crowd. To some extent they are mutually exclusive, you should get one or the other. But to get two teams in the top five of the Premier league, with about 14 fans between them, is the height of bad luck. I really don't see how it could be "a lot worse", though I suppose the home draw is some consolation.

On the bright side I agree that it's winnable, but only because on our day we can beat anyone in Scotland.

I got really excited because I thought we along with Spartans were the last two teams left to be drawn.

I cursed when we were drawn at home but the novelty would still have been something different.

I cursed even louder when I realised who we'd actually drawn.

Yawn.

Well theres 3 games to be televised - 2 by Sky and 1 by BBC - Celtic v Dundee is almost guaranteed, although it shouldnt be I fear Rangers v Raith Rovers may be the other, think we might have a chance of one of them being another all premiership tie but then again who knows

Sellick, Sevco and Dungdee were on the telly at the weekend. Seems unfair on everyone else if they were on again. There are other teams in Scotland.

But when were the media ever fair on anyone outside of the infirm?

Sellick, Sevco and Dungdee were on the telly at the weekend. Seems unfair on everyone else if they were on again. There are other teams in Scotland.

But when were the media ever fair on anyone outside of the infirm?

I suppose the starting point has to be the games that will draw the largest TV audience. I doubt even games involving the ugly sisters, when they're not playing each other, have mass appeal (in terms of TV ratings anyway). I fail then to see how a match between us and ICT would whet the appetites of the viewing public.

When it comes to supply and demand I doubt the SFA will have much leverage in demanding a wider spread of games televised. Not that a clown like Regan would care anyway.

I went up to Inverness last night to take in the game. St Mirren are truly awful, I feel ashamed having lost to them. ICT on the other hand looked very much like a team near the top of the league, great movement and passing although the static defending probably made them look a bit better than they were. I don't have too much fear in me for the next round though as their finishing was dreadful last night. A bit of a strange thing to say after watching them win 4-0 but it should have been six at the least.

I went up to Inverness last night to take in the game. St Mirren are truly awful, I feel ashamed having lost to them. ICT on the other hand looked very much like a team near the top of the league, great movement and passing although the static defending probably made them look a bit better than they were. I don't have too much fear in me for the next round though as their finishing was dreadful last night. A bit of a strange thing to say after watching them win 4-0 but it should have been six at the least.

Shudder. St Mirren have gone downhill since then but that game was still a complete farce.

Seeing us utterly dominated he 1st half to completely disintegrated 2nd was heartbreaking. Watching an overweight Ball rag doll both Muirhead and Balatoni for 45 minutes was one of the most surreal moments I've had at the football.

I hope that this boring tie against Inverness is as tedious as recent cup games with the same opponents. Veritable snorefests with only Shaggy's volley at Firhill and free kick in the driving rain at Inverness, and Mark Roberts' last gasp equaliser and a penalty shoot out victory in the replay to enliven the dull proceedings.

Even our most recent 3-0 loss featured the debut of a certain Kris Doolan and a spot of fisticuffs between the Thistle fans!

Hmm...OS has kick-off for this game as "10:10 TBC". Hopefully a typo or someone (Sky?) is looking at showing it before a lunchtime game elsewhere!

Have seen morning kick-offs in some English leagues in the past so is a possibility...which is great news if you were hoping the game was on TV, not so great if you want to go to the game (and travelling from somewhere like Inverness!).