Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Dunfermline at East End Park.  Donnie McKinnon on the right and using the Dunfermline player on the left (Alex Ferguson) suggests it is 1 of 2 possibilities:- 28/8/1965 (League Cup 2-6) or 22/2/1967 (Scottish Cup 1-5). 

Since the SC match was a night match under the lights I think it must be the League Cup game.  The Evening Times report says Hunter threw himself at a low flag kick on the half hour to put Dunfermline ahead 2-1.  Other Thistle player Davie Closs?

Niven, Campbell, Muir (possibly his right leg!), HOGAN, McKinnon, McParland, GIBB, Hainey, Rae, Closs, Roxburgh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Dunfermline at East End Park.  Donnie McKinnon on the right and using the Dunfermline player on the left (Alex Ferguson) suggests it is 1 of 2 possibilities:- 28/8/1965 (League Cup 2-6) or 22/2/1967 (Scottish Cup 1-5). 

Since the SC match was a night match under the lights I think it must be the League Cup game.  The Evening Times report says Hunter threw himself at a low flag kick on the half hour to put Dunfermline ahead 2-1.  Other Thistle player Davie Closs?

Niven, Campbell, Muir (possibly his right leg!), HOGAN, McKinnon, McParland, GIBB, Hainey, Rae, Closs, Roxburgh.

Great work as usual.

9 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Great stuff. I used to remember East End Park as a hell of a place for us..... never saw us win there in decades...... but that (like Tannadice) particular problem hasn't been so sore in recent years.

I have only a vague memory of John Gray - I remember he scored  goals in his first few games but then disappeared without trace.

Good to read the report on the game - no Thistle fan who was there will forget Denis McQuade's astonishing goal. The description - magnificent...mazy...beating 4 men...glorious shot - doesn't really do it justice. I can still see Denis running in a complete circle and the Referee almost failing over to get out of his way as the ultimate gangling winger weaved past defender after defender before firing a 20 yard rocket into the net.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

I have only a vague memory of John Gray - I remember he scored  goals in his first few games but then disappeared without trace.

Good to read the report on the game - no Thistle fan who was there will forget Denis McQuade's astonishing goal. The description - magnificent...mazy...beating 4 men...glorious shot - doesn't really do it justice. I can still see Denis running in a complete circle and the Referee almost failing over to get out of his way as the ultimate gangling winger weaved past defender after defender before firing a 20 yard rocket into the net.   

Fantastic goal - one of the best I have ever seen in the flesh.  I can still hear the roar of appreciation from the shed when Denis took his place for the re-start.  Was there really only 2000 of us there that night?  

On 4/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, stuthejag said:

Posted on the Old PT Pictures facebook group.

McDonald, Ian scores v Dundee United (H) Apr 1980.jpg

Is that Ian McDonald being the meat in the sandwich? If it's not then someone must've stolen his 'tash

36 minutes ago, DenisOhDenis said:

Fantastic goal - one of the best I have ever seen in the flesh.  I can still hear the roar of appreciation from the shed when Denis took his place for the re-start.  Was there really only 2000 of us there that night?  

I was young but sure there was more than that there. One of the best goals ever but I'm positive he beat at least 9 men :lol:

• Like 1