Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Why do you always give us the easy ones?!   No idea other than Hearts at Firhill.  Impressed that the ball boys are limbering up!  Dark blue top with white thistle suggests it's before the rule was changed that away teams had to change to avoid a colour clash.  Post-round floodlights. Pre-removal of the "telegraph poles" behind the goals.  Unless there were umpteen sendings off, there must something like 6 players out of the picture down the Thistle left.

Ah, the red jerseys looking maroon threw me.  Looks like the Summer Cup semi-final 1st leg 23 May 1964.

11,064 saw Thistle waste numerous chances.  Cunningham scored when he prodded in a Hainey cut-back but Aberdeen looked as if they were confident for the 2nd leg.  Niven, Muir, Gibb, Davis, Harvey, Staite, Cowan, CUNNINGHAM, Hainey Duffy McParland.   The 2nd leg was 4 days later despite a typhoid scare in the city.  Thistle were unchanged except for Kerr (Ronnie) replacing Hainey.  Duffy equalised 13 mins into the 2nd half then Harvey missed a penalty.  2 late goals, 82 and 89 saw Aberdeen through to the final.  They drew with Hibs 4-4 on aggregate but lost a replay 3-1.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't mind refs wearing white tops that often back then. There were no subs but those two have all the appearance of limbering up ready to come one.

Probably because it was the Summer Cup? Different rules possibly for that competition?

8 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't mind refs wearing white tops that often back then. There were no subs but those two have all the appearance of limbering up ready to come one.

Did they not have to wear white when matches involved the likes of Falkirk, Dundee or our change strip?

Brilliant photo :)

12 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Ah, the red jerseys looking maroon threw me.  Looks like the Summer Cup semi-final 1st leg 23 May 1964.

11,064 saw Thistle waste numerous chances.  Cunningham scored when he prodded in a Hainey cut-back but Aberdeen looked as if they were confident for the 2nd leg.  Niven, Muir, Gibb, Davis, Harvey, Staite, Cowan, CUNNINGHAM, Hainey Duffy McParland.   The 2nd leg was 4 days later despite a typhoid scare in the city.  Thistle were unchanged except for Kerr (Ronnie) replacing Hainey.  Duffy equalised 13 mins into the 2nd half then Harvey missed a penalty.  2 late goals, 82 and 89 saw Aberdeen through to the final.  They drew with Hibs 4-4 on aggregate but lost a replay 3-1.

Great info.

2 hours ago, DenisOhDenis said:

Before my time but some of you might like this.  

Action from Aberdeen v Partick Thistle at Pittodrie, 26th Jan 1959. Hogg (og) scores for Thistle.

Not sure how to post the photo so here's the link. https://mobile.twitter.com/74frankfurt/status/1143245907678375936

Was anyone there?

D92gFRqWwAEUXwT?format=jpg&name=small

Not got a clue about who any of the players would be, just to embed the photo.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm fairly certain I remember them wearing khaki as their clash colour. Not a colour I would like to have worn  :puke:

Think the Citizen's caption is wrong.  Looks like Bobby Gray, not Hansen.  Other players narrow it down  to either:-

23/11/1968 0-4 in the league.  Ritchie, Campbell, McLindon, McParland, Gray, Hansen, Cunningham, Flanagan, Divers, Bone, Duncan. (Cumming)

or

25/1/1969 3-3 in the Scottish Cup.  Ritchie, Campbell, Gray, Hansen, McKinnon, O'Neill, McLindon, McParland, FLANAGAN, BONE (2), Duncan. 

Leaving the shed at full-time (no segregation) your correspondent was threatened by one of the greatest fans in the world who pulled out a knife.  Fortunately his mate made him see sense and said something about murdering us in the replay - but we won't go into that!

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Think the Citizen's caption is wrong.  Looks like Bobby Gray, not Hansen.  Other players narrow it down  to either:-

23/11/1968 0-4 in the league.  Ritchie, Campbell, McLindon, McParland, Gray, Hansen, Cunningham, Flanagan, Divers, Bone, Duncan. (Cumming)

or

25/1/1969 3-3 in the Scottish Cup.  Ritchie, Campbell, Gray, Hansen, McKinnon, O'Neill, McLindon, McParland, FLANAGAN, BONE (2), Duncan. 

Leaving the shed at full-time (no segregation) your correspondent was threatened by one of the greatest fans in the world who pulled out a knife.  Fortunately his mate made him see sense and said something about murdering us in the replay - but we won't go into that!

Just to clarify, the self proclaimed "greatest fans in the world", or as we know them better …. the soap dodgers!! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

or

Definitely Bobby Gray.