Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

I was under the impression that the club had possession of this old brake club banner, and its been in their possession for quite some time.

There was another brake club banner with an image of Alex McGregor on it.  Don't know what became of it.

I seem to remember the Raisbeck banner being mentioned in "The Jags" book, published at the time of our centenary.  I do still have a copy of this book, but  I've not seen it for many years!.  I'll need to look it out.  Signed by Alan Rough,  (the late) John Craig and someone else I can't remember.

16 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I was under the impression that the club had possession of this old brake club banner, and its been in their possession for quite some time.

There was another brake club banner with an image of Alex McGregor on it.  Don't know what became of it.

I seem to remember the Raisbeck banner being mentioned in "The Jags" book, published at the time of our centenary.  I do still have a copy of this book, but  I've not seen it for many years!.  I'll need to look it out.  Signed by Alan Rough,  (the late) John Craig and someone else I can't remember.

Found it eventually.  Third player at the signing was somebody called Alan Hansen!

The book (albeit printed in 1976) does state that the Raisbeck banner is in the club's possession.  No mention of the McGregor banner.

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Found it eventually.  Third player at the signing was somebody called Alan Hansen!

The book (albeit printed in 1976) does state that the Raisbeck banner is in the club's possession.  No mention of the McGregor banner.

That's Ian Archer's book. He was a decent sports writer for the Glasgow Herald (I think), and a long-time Thistle fan. I also have a copy somewhere, along with Robert Reid's book.

19 minutes ago, michael m said:

Well the linesman is John Young! Facially the other Jag looks like Grant Tierney but I don’t think he’s tall enough! So I’ll go Albert Craig

I’m sure it’s Tierney. Is it Duncan Ferguson for DU?

Edited by jaggy

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

I’m sure it’s Tierney. Is it Duncan Ferguson for DU?

Talking of Tierney and i digress from the thread slightly but I mind way back when I was serving my time in GDC, I worked with a Neil Diamond (not the singer) who was a decent player and signed with Jags.  My abiding memory is him saying Grant Tierney was a good guy who helped him step up.  I lost all contact.  Would these facts be real or another of my dreams? 

10 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Talking of Tierney and i digress from the thread slightly but I mind way back when I was serving my time in GDC, I worked with a Neil Diamond (not the singer) who was a decent player and signed with Jags.  My abiding memory is him saying Grant Tierney was a good guy who helped him step up.  I lost all contact.  Would these facts be real or another of my dreams? 

Certainly could be real.  If I remember Neil was a talented, if a little inconsistent, wide player signed from Benburb I think.  Not convinced he ever played in the first team but was a reserve regular and I’m sure he scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Celtic. Him and Grant would have played reserve team football together.

• Thanks 1