Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

5 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Gary Fraser, a 1 - 1 draw away at Dundee  Premier League  on 16 August 2014. Fraser scored in the game  Fox sent off after clashing with McGowan.  ???

I don't think that's Fraser. Could it be Keenan? He came on early as a sub for McMillan

12 minutes ago, michael m said:

Crikey they could be anyone! I’ll guess Andy Anderson and John Lapsley

Could be them but very difficult. I thought Somner at first but it looks like No.10 for Dumbarton, so I guess it’s defenders. Possibly McAdam in distance (his nickname isn’t very appropriate nowadays :(). Definitely Boghead though 

19 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

My first thought was Dougie Somner and Bobby Houston, with Colin McAdam in the background. 

If I'm right (a big if), then it's the Scottish Cup QF on March 10th, 1979 (1-0 Jags, Anderson).

Of course it's probably that match anyway, even if the players aren't the ones I thought. :D

I believe it is that game 

2 hours ago, QXBoy said:

Spot on Jaggernaut, but help me out. Where/who against? I can't recognise that ground.

It's got to be 1968 or 1969. My guess it's one of the friendlies away to Distillery (2-2) or Crusaders (2-0), Aug 1 and 2, 1969. You'd think not a bad couple of results for pre-season friendlies, but what followed was a truly horrendous season which saw us rock bottom, and relegated.

The results of our League Cup section in August are still embarrassing: Played 6, Lost 6. Goals for: 1, Goals against: 25.

ETA: That distinctive white fence might jog somebody's memory. I just discovered that Distillery's nickname is "The Whites." ....

Edited by Jaggernaut