Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Dan McLindon.  He played against Rangers 5 times at Firhill (assuming it's them). The keepers were Gray, Dick, Niven and Ritchie in these games. The clue is the face peeking out behind the Rangers player. Looks like Bobby Gray.  That would make it 1 of 2 matches:- 1/1/69 (0-2) or 27/9/69 (1-2).  That would mean Richie or Dick respectively.  Doesn't look like Richie so going for Dick.

44 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Dan McLindon.  He played against Rangers 5 times at Firhill (assuming it's them). The keepers were Gray, Dick, Niven and Ritchie in these games. The clue is the face peeking out behind the Rangers player. Looks like Bobby Gray.  That would make it 1 of 2 matches:- 1/1/69 (0-2) or 27/9/69 (1-2).  That would mean Richie or Dick respectively.  Doesn't look like Richie so going for Dick.

Far too much hair for it to be Richie :lol:

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Don't know if this one's been posted before

612e54ef2e66fe9d61bba9467cbe0380.jpg

This looks to be Shawfield, and a complete  guess at the players and year.  I think around 1953.  Jags no 6 is Andy Kerr.  The other Jagsman in the foreground is Bobby Howitt.   Don't know who the Thistle player in the background is.

Could the Clyde player who (I'd imagine) is challenging for the ball be Tommy Ring?

The only thing I feel I may have got right is the ground being Shawfield, but I'm sure you'll let me know!

53 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

This looks to be Shawfield, and a complete  guess at the players and year.  I think around 1953.  Jags no 6 is Andy Kerr.  The other Jagsman in the foreground is Bobby Howitt.   Don't know who the Thistle player in the background is.

Could the Clyde player who (I'd imagine) is challenging for the ball be Tommy Ring?

The only thing I feel I may have got right is the ground being Shawfield, but I'm sure you'll let me know!

I immediately thought shawfield but we had dog racing for a while as well, so could it be Firhill with the north terrace in the background?

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Looks like the wee man decided to take on the entire Pars defence on his own!thumbnail_IMG_9408.jpg.f76efe701300af9e93f4a7deb61d337a.jpg

If this incident was in a game today;

1 - Neil's current day equivalent would catch the defender's leg, & fall over.

2 - the ref would give a penalty.

3-the ref would send the defender off for a two footed challenge, the tackle from behind,  and for being last man .(Only one penalty, unfortunately).

4. Banzo would blast the penalty against the post. (Albeit he didn't do that against Morton on Saturday. 

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I think this one might have been posted some time back. That huge wall was already gone and the terracing had been extended when I first started going to Firhill. But is there anybody on here who still remembers when the city end was like that?

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1606032530644.jpg

The framework  top left was the half time score board..  In the matchday programme it gave you the games being played elsewhere  with a letter beside each game ...So at halftime you married up the match letter with the score board...simples