Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

29 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Is it East Fife away 10/1/1976 (1-1)?

Campbell edge of frame, Rooney, Rough, Kellachan, Anderson on goal line. ? behind him.

Correct! Looks like they're defending a corner (Roughie caught in No-man's land, lol), so the far player on the line seems likely to be John Hansen (whose brother also played that day).

13 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Dougie Somner.  

Yep. vs. Ayr. One of the things I loved about Somner is how he could outjump many defenders, either in height or horizontally, as in the picture. He was a pretty physical striker (compared to somebody like Kris Doolan), and scored some great goals by simply outmuscling defenders one way or another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

+ Andy Anderson on the goal line. Hearts at Tynecastle.

Can't see who's under the Hearts player going for the header.

might the player on the goal line be Jackie Campbell? Very difficult to see. Plus looks like the late Brian Whittakers hair style profile on the right post?   The local polis is watching the game...

48 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

might the player on the goal line be Jackie Campbell? Very difficult to see. Plus looks like the late Brian Whittakers hair style profile on the right post?   The local polis is watching the game...

I thought Brian Whittaker on the post as well but could it be George Mackie on the other post?  I'd expect it to be Jackie Campbell going up against their No 5

So I'm going for Houston, Mackie, Whitaker, Hansen, Campbell, Rough and Marr

5 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

I thought Brian Whittaker on the post as well but could it be George Mackie on the other post?  I'd expect it to be Jackie Campbell going up against their No 5

So I'm going for Houston, Mackie, Whitaker, Hansen, Campbell, Rough and Marr

That's what I think too. 

The only game I can see where all those players featured at Tynecastle is a 1-0 defeat on 8 January, 1977.  Both teams players in short sleeves! (It is Tynecastle, right??)

Hearts were dire and won only 5 matches at home all season, got relegated. Of course we had to be one of the few teams that they beat.