Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

My brain isn’t quite getting the names  out. Trigger, Peter(the Swede). David(from Aberdeen) and Paul(scored at St Mirren to get promoted to SPL ?

Maybe total rubbish 

Far too late for Trigger & Lindau. I think you're right with David Rowson. 7 is Paul Cairney I think. Not sure about the other 2. This must be around 2009

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/5/2021 at 11:03 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Those blue shorts still have me scratching my head and asking "Why?"

thumbnail_20211105_222441.jpg

I think this might be Hearts at Firhill 22/12/1973 - although it doesn't look very wintery.

Frank Coulston watches Jackie Husband attending to who?  Guess is that it's John Hansen who was carried off in the first half. The score was 1-3. Rough, Hansen, Kellachan, Glavin, Campbell, Clark, Gibson, CRAIG, Coulson, Rooney, Houston. (Chalmers)

No idea about the blue shorts!

Edited by a f kincaid

• 1 month later...

Sharing a photo (copyrighted) that has recently come my way - think summer 1990. Most players identifiable from the team photo for 1990-91 in  the Official History book including a few club legends. Thistle take on the might of a Lewis & Harris select I believe.  Still trying to find out match details.Jags_IMG_20211221_0001.thumb.jpg.70a9c8ce99a8a7e24dcb11f517cdd367.jpg

1 hour ago, Peaty FC said:

Sharing a photo (copyrighted) that has recently come my way - think summer 1990. Most players identifiable from the team photo for 1990-91 in  the Official History book including a few club legends. Thistle take on the might of a Lewis & Harris select I believe.  Still trying to find out match details.Jags_IMG_20211221_0001.thumb.jpg.70a9c8ce99a8a7e24dcb11f517cdd367.jpg

Crikey I was at that game - I’ll see if I have anything listed but I don’t think I have.  It was the first of a 2 game tour - the second being a 5-0 win at Five Penny in Ness.  I simply can’t remember the details of this game, except when Chic headed wide when he should have scored but just kept saying “nah I was offside!” - which he was!

Early Christmas present for you  Peaty.

Charnley baffled the keeper with a free-kick (25) and scored again from 20 yards.  The local select adopted the off-side trap in the 2nd half and for a while it inhibited Thistle until Charnley dribbled through the defence for his hat-trick. Late on a low hard cross was turned into the net for an og.

DUNCAN    ROBERTSON    ELLIOT    DUFFY    RAE    TIERNEY    PEEBLES    WRIGHT    McGLASHAN    FLOOD    CHARNLEY   ( ENGLISH )

On 10/18/2020 at 3:48 PM, a f kincaid said:

Ayr United at Somerset Park 3/2/90 .  1-2.   Duncan, McStay, Law, Wright, MacDonald, Peebles Corrie, Jardine, Campbell, Flood, Charnley. Subs: Kerr, McGuire. Goal was an OG.

Looks like Campbell away in the distance. Definitely Peebles.  14 certainly isn't McGuire so must be Kerr.  Half-hidden is a poser. On the basis of who I know it isn't, I'd say Corrie.

Could actually be MacDonald who is partially hidden. 

On 12/22/2021 at 9:56 AM, Peaty FC said:

Same summer we played in Portadown and West Belfast vs Cliftonville I think?

On 11/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, a f kincaid said:

I think this might be Hearts at Firhill 22/12/1973 - although it doesn't look very wintery.

Not sure about hearts as opposition.  Think their tops had white trim in the early 70s. Maybe Arbroath who were in the old 1st division during the time .  Definitely not winter looking at the crowd.

But agree, baffled by the blue shorts.

Incidentally i noticed that in season 73/74 we played Hearts 6 times, 2 x league,  2 x league cup and 2 x scottish cup.  Didn't  beat them once. So much for modern repetitive games!

• 3 weeks later...