Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

On 11/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, a f kincaid said:

I think this might be Hearts at Firhill 22/12/1973 - although it doesn't look very wintery.

Frank Coulston watches Jackie Husband attending to who?  Guess is that it's John Hansen who was carried off in the first half. The score was 1-3. Rough, Hansen, Kellachan, Glavin, Campbell, Clark, Gibson, CRAIG, Coulson, Rooney, Houston. (Chalmers)

No idea about the blue shorts!

It's Arbroath the season before and the reason for the unusual strip was that the kit hamper hadn't arrived back from Honved.

https://partickthistleahistory.wikifoundry.com/season-by-season/season-1972-73/v-arbroath-h-sep-1972/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Haha.

He's quite a well known A N Other (if my source has it right).

This photo, and his identity, comes up quite regularly on social media. I don’t remember him when he played in Scotland (too young) but I didn’t think he looked like a youngster in this photo. Nice to see him using his feet instead of his hands though.

4 hours ago, ClydebankJag said:

This photo, and his identity, comes up quite regularly on social media. I don’t remember him when he played in Scotland (too young) but I didn’t think he looked like a youngster in this photo. Nice to see him using his feet instead of his hands though.

But he is using his hand.....his right hand is wrapped round Charlie's neck!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great picture. Who's the player?

But also, this looks like the terracing at the corner between the old shed side and the city end, before the high wall at the end got demolished and the terracing extended towards the goal (actually increasing the capacity at Firhill). But that looks like a substantial building right in the middle of the terracing, clearly for the dug racing. Was it? If so, when did it get demolished? Anybody got any information?

EoV54dYWMAApxLc.jpg

16 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Great picture. Who's the player?

But also, this looks like the terracing at the corner between the old shed side and the city end, before the high wall at the end got demolished and the terracing extended towards the goal (actually increasing the capacity at Firhill). But that looks like a substantial building right in the middle of the terracing, clearly for the dug racing. Was it? If so, when did it get demolished? Anybody got any information?

EoV54dYWMAApxLc.jpg

Such a classis strip. Will never be bettered.

• Like 1