Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's an interesting one! Looks like a big crowd, the north terracing roof is still there, so before January 1968. No badge on the dark shirts, so that doesn't look like Thistle in their navy blue shirt. So were Thistle playing in white?

Or is it a game without the Jags?

At first I thought that the player jumping might be Tommy Rae, but not at all sure about that.

ETA: Bit of trivia: Seagers (the makers of the London Gin advertised on the wall) bought the Laphroaig distillery in the early 60s, but eventually got swallowed up by the Long John name (which it had actually owned in the 1930s) around 1970. But by then Long John was part of Whitbread........ aaaarrgh, too complicated, and as I mentioned, TRIVIA. But interesting that three prominent adverts are Carling's Lager, Bell's (?) Export, and Seager's Gin. Firhill must have been a prime audience for alcoholic drinks companies! I miss the big wall!

Edited by Jaggernaut

I did think of Neil Duffy as well but with no great conviction. The fact that Thistle are playing in white suggests the opposition were playing in red. Aberdeen perhaps?  

IF it's Duffy and Aberdeen there are 6 possibilities...

22/4/1961

20/1/1962

11/8/1962

20/4/1963

21/8/1963

23/5/1964

41 minutes ago, stuthejag said:

Some time between 1960 & 1962 I reckon ?

tTeamgroup1.jpg

(Back) McLean(Trainer),?, McKinnon,Freebairn,Fletcher,Brown,Husband(Coach),McBride (Director)

(Front) Thornton(Manager),Hogan,Smith,Cunningham,Duffy,McParland,Donlevy,Ewing

Season 1960-61

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tweaky? I never heard that one.

It's Lex Grant v Clydebank, must be around 88 or 89. I was at school with big Lex, not quite sure how he made it as a pro to be honest. He's at least 6 inches taller then Parky :D

Edited by jaggy

6 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Tweaky? I never heard that one.

It's Lex Grant v Clydebank, must be around 88 or 89. I was at school with big Lex, not quite sure how he made it as a pro to be honest. He's at least 6 inches taller then Parky :D

Yes, I agree it's not Park. The strip is the wrong one for his period also. He was called Tweaky after the (short) Star Wars character when I used to go to most games during that time.