Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

4 hours ago, michael m said:

I’d imagine it’s a friendly given the team pic - maybe a testimonial- can’t think off hand of any match it might have been

11th August 2003 first game of the U21 league season v Livingston (A) (I think New Douglas Park),  A 1-1 draw big John scoring for us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michael m said:

Bugger - I was convinced I’d know everyone from that era! I’ll need a bit of time in this one! Ian Morris maybe?

Pretty sure it's Colin Miller who only made 1 appearance for the reserves that season in a friendly at Dumbarton in Sep. He moved to Shettleston soon after i think.

Teamsheet v Dumbarton (A) 2003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have a go - 

Back - (l->r) Auld, Holmes, Joe Craig, Fitzpatrick?, Campbell, Stamp, J Hansen, Arrol, Rough, Kellachan, Anderson, Houston, A Hansen, Clark, McQueen??, D. MacKinnon

Front - (l->r) Aiken?, Chalmers, D. McDowall, Rooney, ??, Glavin, Lochrie?, T. Rae, ??, Gibson, Lawrie (what is Bobby Lawrie doing in a reserve top, Auld??!!?), Physio (can't recall but he was a great servant to the club for many years) 

Good job, JeanieD!

I don't remember Holmes or McQueen at all, and your question marks are also mine!

The physio was Willie Ross:

http://partickthistleahistory.wikifoundry.com/obituaries/1986-willie-ross/

Interesting Celtic-related contingent in the photo: three guys were at Parkhead before joining Thistle, and four of those players went on to play for Celtic. 

I can't add to any of the unknowns which suggests none of them became first-team regulars...though with Andy Anderson, Alan Hansen as well as Bobby Lawrie in reserve colours we clearly had strength in depth!

I think the gent in the suit on the front row is Scot Symon rather than Chairman James Aitken. I didn't recognise Jim Holmes who had a good career as a left back in the decent Morton side in the Andy Ritchie era but don't think he played for the first team for Thistle.

Ex Celts are Auld, Chalmers & Rooney. Rough, Glavin, Joe Craig and Gibson played for Celtic...but they were all great Jags.

Hope someone can come up with the missing names...it's really annoying me!

15 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

I can't add to any of the unknowns which suggests none of them became first-team regulars...though with Andy Anderson, Alan Hansen as well as Bobby Lawrie in reserve colours we clearly had strength in depth!

I think the gent in the suit on the front row is Scot Symon rather than Chairman James Aitken. I didn't recognise Jim Holmes who had a good career as a left back in the decent Morton side in the Andy Ritchie era but don't think he played for the first team for Thistle.

Ex Celts are Auld, Chalmers & Rooney. Rough, Glavin, Joe Craig and Gibson played for Celtic...but they were all great Jags.

Hope someone can come up with the missing names...it's really annoying me!

The photo is included in the Official History book. Copy below- with names.  👍

20230105_135848.jpg

2 hours ago, Winter of '63 said:

Thanks EKJ II - I don't recognise any of the missing names! Was Munro the striker we bought from Clydebank to replace Jimmy Bone? I think he had injury problems...I am not sure he ever played for the first team and definitely never scored.

This was indeed the Alan Munro who joined us from Clydebank. I've attached his Archive profile  below.  He only played for the first team on three occasions, and he did score one goal, in an away friendly against Stenhousemuir,  which we won 2-1.  The 3rd match he played in ( Not listed in the profile) was a friendly against Rot-Weiss Essen at Firhill on Monday 4th September 1972. We won 3-2.

I used to attend quite a few matches at this time, but I don't remember him either.

Screenshot_20230105-181038_Chrome.jpg