Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

On 1/14/2023 at 9:06 AM, michael m said:

Argh one again!! 

Gerry Britton, Matthew Shields, Joe Boyle, Stephen Pinkowski, Colin Miller, ?, Chic Charnley

David Wilson, Martin McBride, Gavin Rushford, Willie Howie, Andy Gibson, Paul Cassidy, Manny Panther

Could it be Paul Kaczan ?

4 hours ago, robphil said:

That's who I thought because I was positive it wasn't bert slater. I would probably opt for George Smith (dark hair) with no real reason to believe so

I don't know who they are, but my first thought was that the Jag might be Andy Roxburgh, and that the goalie might be John Arrol, who of course later came to Thistle.

13 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I don't know who they are, but my first thought was that the Jag might be Andy Roxburgh, and that the goalie might be John Arrol, who of course later came to Thistle.

I do believe that you could be spot on J. Great answer... and two classic strips never bettered by either club

Alex was a cracking captain. He also played in a position that suits captaincy. But as the team got that bit older and more experienced he was maybe that bit less crucial to the squad. Felt at the time he maybe left a bit early but in hindsight it was probably the correct decision. 

We rode our luck a tad back then losing Alex and then Davie McP. Fortunately we had quite a few aspiring leaders on the pitch and Mr Auld appeared on the scene.

21 hours ago, paralytic thistle said:

Duffy, Niven, Harvey and Muir

Exactly what I thought, pt! 

My only doubt was that I thought Muir was usually LB rather than RB.

ETA: I'd even make a guess and say that's Flanagan with his hands on his hips, in the distance.

Edited by Jaggernaut