Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

6 hours ago, michael m said:

John Mitchell, Hugh Leyden, Archie McLean, Colin McAdam, John Brough, Tommy Elliot, Ian Spittal

Jackie Husband, Eddie Gallagher, Budgie McGhie, Willie Cairns, Kenny Watson, John Workman, Alan Dinnie, Alan Pirie, Billy Simpson

Billy McLaren, Alan Logan, Ian McDonald, Bobby Law, Billy Lamont, Willie McGuire, Paddy Kelly, Jim McGinlay, Billy Simpson

Bottom right is Donnie McKinnon, I assume that was a typo 😀

Some decent players but we struggled under Lamont. I didn’t realise the Beast was back when we wore that strip.

On 3/9/2023 at 12:17 PM, Jaggernaut said:

It was a truly terrific performance from the wee man, and in the sunshine it was a great game overall. I've always thought it was a shame that there's no video of that game and of the Scottish Cup semi-final draw against the same mob a few years later.

I think he was initially marked by a guy called Jim Denny who was humiliated by Johnny.

Cant remember if Denny was subbed but others then disgracefully took it in turn to kick Johnny off the park.

A magnificent performance and one of my favourite games.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jaggy said:

I assume Rangers got a penalty cos Zak stuck his nose on an opponent’s elbow 😆

Don’t think Rangers were in our division that season!! I’m sure that was from promotion season - an injury that kept ‘Zac out of the Forfar game.

ETA - maybe Meadowbank at home penultimate game of the season?

Edited by michael m