Jump to content

Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?


Jaggernaut
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Campbell & Rough. I’m guessing away at St Mirren

I’m now starting to wonder if we played Notts County at Firhill in a friendly. St M & Notts C had similar strips in that era

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think too it might be Rugby Park. Definite Neil Duffy (10). As the "11" isn't Davie McP my guess would be Jim Fleming?

Definitely Tommy Eweing in the foreground.

Ewe are definitely more correct in terms of timeline. My suggestion of Stuart Baaaannigan would be historically inaccurate.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the 1950's, and maybe into the 60's,  Rugby Park was reckoned to have one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland, and that was often attributed to the sheep which was free to graze on the pitch, although not on matchdays! THAT IS TRUE! (Ewe couldnae make it up).

As far as it turning up on a matchday, obviously the QR code ticketing system must have been faulty that day!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, QXBoy said:

In the 1950's, and maybe into the 60's,  Rugby Park was reckoned to have one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland, and that was often attributed to the sheep which was free to graze on the pitch, although not on matchdays! THAT IS TRUE! (Ewe couldnae make it up).

As far as it turning up on a matchday, obviously the QR code ticketing system must have been faulty that day!

It was a RAM error 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, QXBoy said:

In the 1950's, and maybe into the 60's,  Rugby Park was reckoned to have one of the best playing surfaces in Scotland, and that was often attributed to the sheep which was free to graze on the pitch, although not on matchdays! THAT IS TRUE! (Ewe couldnae make it up).

As far as it turning up on a matchday, obviously the QR code ticketing system must have been faulty that day!

Whoever let it on the pitch will have been lamb basted 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I swithered between St Mirren and Kilmarnock.  Duffy only played at Kilmarnock 7 times. Four of these were partnering McParland @11 and it's not him. One was Tommy Ewing and its not him.  That leaves 5/10/1963 (0-3) George Smith and 26/8/1964 (0-4) Jim Fleming. I'd say it's George Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

My first post on this thread and probably the easiest one to solve, but since today would've been Robert's 39th birthday i thought this was a good time to post this picture.

This current Jag came along with some of his then teammates in February 2016, to watch and take part in a training session with Robert's wheelchair football team. 

2016-02-28 15.55.28.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

My first post on this thread and probably the easiest one to solve, but since today would've been Robert's 39th birthday i thought this was a good time to post this picture.

This current Jag came along with some of his then teammates in February 2016, to watch and take part in a training session with Robert's wheelchair football team. 

2016-02-28 15.55.28.jpg

You must have so many golden memories of Robert and his enduring love of the jags...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robphil said:

You must have so many golden memories of Robert and his enduring love of the jags...

Loads of memories. I think this photo taken at half time of the Dundee game we lost 4-2 at Firhill on 16th January 2016 sums up Robert's dedication.

2016-01-16 16.43.56.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...