Just In

watties wallies

Archie, please stop playing higgy. Not only is he playing awful and way below his ability, it's affecting our and his confidence.

The usual 70 minute sub where stevenson got subbed was laughable. Higgys playing dreadful, he knows it and we do, wee lawless did more in twenty mins than higgy the 90. He's a great player on form, but he's off form so replace him!

Usual joke of a formation, it doesn't work Archie!!!!

How many shots on goal from us?

This.

Back in from Fir Park and it was pretty obvious Motherwell had watched us in previous games, they played wingers to nullify our full backs getting forward , Higgy gave no support at all to Banzo first half and left him isolated one on one against Ainsworth who ripped him to pieces. On the other hand when Higgy was attacking they doubled up on him obviously having identified him as a danger.

Lawless gave us energy when he came on and Doolan needs to start games to get back to his goal scoring form which he proved last year. Think out of all the signings in the summer only Abdul Osman and Seebourne even remotely cut it, the rest Ecclestone, Carroll , Stevenson etc haven't really set the heather on fire. The January transfer window now becomes crucial if we don't want to become embroiled in another relegation battle.

IMO your wrong about branding Stevenson in with Carroll and. Ecclestone. Scored 4 goals and 4 assists arguably best player of last month and probably done more than higgy this season so far

In 30 years of supporting the jags, I don't recall ever being so peeved off. How much of this rubbish do we have to endure? I have been to every home game this season (as I did last season) and, along with 1200+ Jags fans, froze my ass off to support the team today. Total cost of day, inc, travel/ticket/food etc was about £50. And what did I get in return? Very little. Not good enough. Craigen started again. We are continually starting with 10 men when Craigen is selected. Not his fault. Archie's fault. The boy is NOT an SPL footballer. Anyone that thinks so is either a member of his family or someone with low expectations. Archie has no ambition, even when 1-0 done. I have followed Thistle since the 80's and Archie is easily one of the most predictable, boring managers we have had since then. No risk taking, no forward thinking, no ability to change our attacking style. Even I could scout for the opposition and work us out. I never thought I would say this under Archie after our promotion winning season 2 years ago, but we have become BORING to watch. Same formation, same subs, same one up front, same Archie tactics. I don't mind getting beat (or relegated if it comes to it), but it's the manner in which we do so that is the infuriating bit. I'm getting bored. Not felt this way since DC was in charge! Better managers would get more out of this squad. My patience with Archie is growing VERY thin! Get your act together Archie.

IMO your wrong about branding Stevenson in with Carroll and. Ecclestone. Scored 4 goals and 4 assists arguably best player of last month and probably done more than higgy this season so far

Don't think Stevenson has totally convinced everyone this season not even Archie who dropped him for six weeks, has scored 2 league goals this season although I don't think he should be judged solely on goals, definately improved over the last month but think most supporters would have expected more from our "marquee signing".

Apart from the play itself, well summed up by JaggyMad, why are players even allowed to go out in those conditions with bare arms and legs? If it were freezing for us, wrapped up well, think of the potential for harm for players that sweat and then have nothing to keep the chill wind off or to wick the sweat away from the body. (It was one of the signs of Simon Donnelly's professional approach to the game that he always ensured he was clothed for comfort in cold weather.)

Is that a wind up... or just a really weird post?

I see that it's all Craigens fault again. That line's getting as tired as Archie's team selections and tactics.

Whilst he was ineffective today, he was not the only one. Balatoni, Stevenson, Bannigan and Higgy were not at the races today, but seemingly they're not allowed to be criticised and its all Craigens fault?

Another poster got it spot on - the play has become so predictable and boring it's beyond a joke.

Last season we largely played great, created a lot of chances but missed the majority of them. This season we have played nowhere near as well, apart from in flashes, yet we've done comparatively better so far.

Our results & performances last season didn't match the league position we got. I would say our performances so far this season probably do match the position we are in currently, but the position does not match the players we have against those in the teams around us. Simply put, through poor performances or whatever other reason(s), we're underperforming this season despite having more points on the board.

We must accept a disturbing fact, disturbing to all those who are under the impression that Bannigan is a midfielder. this is not the case, Stu is a fullback who comes to support the midfield. this is why a once promising career is almost over. Now blame can very easily be handed out, it's very much like whenever you see James Craigan on the team sheet, it means Thistle have decided to tackle the opposition with only ten men. Bannigan made a horses hiney in the game, but its goals that win matches, Archie has not addressed this problem like last week when the game should have been dead and buried, this was a must win game where we should have been talking about our margin of victory over some diddy team was. It's simply not good enough, we must do better, or perhaps the thirteenth of Christmas saw Archie on the Broo...................

Really? In thirty years? Going back to 1984? Moron. That first sentence proves beyond any doubt you know feck all.

I assume you are referring to my post LSR. Thanks for getting personal. Not sure where the confusion lies. I went to my 1st jags game as a teenager and have been a supporter ever since. I'm now in my mid 40's. Why does that prove I know feck all? Strange reply.

• Like 1

62% possession according to the stats and bugger all to show for it. No cutting edge, a team in desperate need of a centre forward. Need someone to make something happen . Side, side, side, back, side, back etc ain't getting us anywhere at some stage you have to take a man on in order to unlock the door.

62% possession according to the stats and bugger all to show for it. No cutting edge, a team in desperate need of a centre forward. Need someone to make something happen . Side, side, side, back, side, back etc ain't getting us anywhere at some stage you have to take a man on in order to unlock the door.

Side-to-side and side-to-back passing isn't due to the lack of a centre forward. We have people who can score if they get enough service in and around the box, where the openings matter. It seems to me that it's a lack of creativity and penetration in order to open up real chances that's the problem.

Derek Johnstone. John Haggart. Billy Lamont. Sandy Clark. John McVeigh. Gerry Collins. Dick Campbell. Yesterday's performance was nowhere near the level of any of these teams. Anyone who suggests the same, is quite simply stupid.

As for Bannigan, get off his case. He's being asked to fill a role because of injury to McMillan. The manager's hands are tied until later this week. Bannigan made an error. A poor one. He then went on to try and make up for it by bossing the midfield in the secobd half.

Thefirst target for this season is to finish clear of the bottom two. Let's see where we are end of January.

• Like 2

10th isn't a great achievement. Yes, we want to stay up but we should be looking to make some progress especially with having better players like Osman, Frans, Seabourne and Stevenson and bumping our gums about top 6.

If we have limited resources we need to play to our limited strengths.

Giving away cheap goals and trying to open teams up by lazily trying to pass it on the deck with guys like Craigen in the team clearly isn't working.

I know that Archibald wants to play "nice football" but we need an alternative when it's not working, like I and others have been saying for months.

The game in March against St Johnstone, for example, will be exactly the same tactics as we watched yesterday. Wright could set his team out just now.

As for Bannigan, get off his case. He's being asked to fill a role because of injury to McMillan. The manager's hands are tied until later this week.

Thefirst target for this season is to finish clear of the bottom two. Let's see where we are end of January.

First up, let me say I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph re the sh!te & dross we've seen manage us in the last 30 years.

Bannigan I'm a big fan of but he has to curb this 'streak' of diving in on folk without thinking of the consequences.

Happened plenty of times already this season & idiotic challenges like the 2 he commited at Tynecastle last year to get sent off are becoming more prominent to the extent they are now costing us points.

Let's face it, Motherwell were shocking which then is a bad reflection on us. Same thing could be said for Dundee & Killie in last couple home league games.

As for the manager's hands being tied... He signed a left back in Carroll then sent out a young left back who'd already played in the first team on loan.

He was given the support of the BoD & brought in Seabourne, Osman, Stevenson along with a striker he was insistent was required in Ecclestone & Carroll.

The 2 positions we needed most to fill were LB & CF.

These guys won't have come cheap but have seen little or no game time.

The manager has a system he wants to play & sticks rigidly to it.

Stevenson was never brought in as a CF so why not play him where he was brought in to play? If he was bought as a CF then why chase another one through transfer window until eventually get Ecclestone?

He only plays one through the middle so surely Doolan & Stevenson with utility man Elliot as cover?

Where are the plan B tactics the manager himself said they'd be working on during pre season?

As for subs... Predictable as in around 65/70 minutes he takes off one CF for another but system doesn't ever change if we're losing, drawing ior winning.

"Let's see where we are at the end of Jan"

Then what? If same thing happens & we're still playing same system, dropping points, playing players out of position & playing players who are not at their best whilst others gaining on us.

Is that the right time to air these thoughts?

What would be a great achievement, to you?

A serious question.

I asked last night when we stop 'consolidating' & look to move on like a St Johnstone or an ICT.

We stay up this year & it's Hearts & possibly Hibs or Rangers that come up.

Failing that & only Hearts come up then the potential if meeting the aforementioned teams is there the following season also...

So when do we stop 'consolidating'?

Our budget if what I've heard is correct should have us finishing at least 8th...