McMillan

Mediocre Pundit

Lack of vocabulary skills shining through yet again - funnily enough fellow jags fans page on facebook quite openly discussing n posting pics of potential wrongdoings without fear of repercussions - quite a few scaredy cats on here it would appear - DP being at the forefront

Don't get me wrong. Even if you appear to have affinity for one of the ugly sisters I'm not suggesting you're not a Jags supporter. But answer me these two questions....

Do you believe that searching for what you think is the truth behind the subject matter and then publicising your conclusion would be beneficial to Partick Thistle Football Club?

If no, and I struggle to think of one reason how our Club could possibly benefit from airing this in public, why are you so intent in harming the very club you're purporting to support?

Just as well this forum/Internet thingy wasn't around about 20 years ago 'cos one of our then 'stars' - nay idol - who flourished under old ' buzzled heid', would have been right up the creek without a paddle.

Different times different Board I suppose.

I was thinking the very same.

If we're talking about the same player, & I'm sure we are, there were a couple of occasions that I was surprised he made it into training the next morning!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what he's supposed to have done so if it's something out of order then ignore this, he obviously won't be at Firhill tomorrow but I assume he'll be watching on tv, how about we get a McMillan song on the go during the game in support of him. If someone wants to pm me what's happened if I'm way off the mark then feel free!

• 2 weeks later...

Time we had a closure on this. Either pay the guy his contact and let him go, sack him for gross misconduct (if appropriate) and let it go to a tribunal or get him back into training and into the first team ASAP. Dragged on far too long,

I can think of a few reasons why the time factor is of relative unimportance. I can't think of any reasons why the Club would want to defer on the matter. So to say it's time to have closure on this without knowing exactly what the "this" is probably isn't appropriate.

• Like 2

I stress I say this not from a position of inside knowledge but it is perfectly possible that the internal investigation has concluded and that all parties have mutually agreed a course of action that will be subjected to reassessment in time without footballing pressures being involved. This would be perfectly consistent with how companies in other contexts might deal with certain employment issues of a very personal nature.

• Like 1

^^^^^ i'd like to think this is the actuality of the situation at present.

the club may well now be letting jordan deal with whatever personal issues he has (and possibly even assisting him in that endeavour), with consideration of any football being left aside until his personal issues are resolved (or not as the case may turn out). the time it is taking is unfortunate from a partick thistle footballing perspective, but from a humanitarian and compassionate perspective a thoroughly decent course, and not just dumping him as a lost cause at first sign of an issue.

• Like 2

I don't care what happened but something stinks about it as it looks to still be effecting the players.

I said a few weeks ago that the players don't look the same since the McMillan scenario came to light.

Sadly allyo, this is a Thistle forum, where we are meant to discuss all things Thistle. Jordan is one of our better players. He has been missing for nearly two months. We know that he appears to have problems but in no way should that mean that he shouldn't be discussed on the forum. Just my opinion!

I said a few weeks ago that the players don't look the same since the McMillan scenario came to light.

Sadly allyo, this is a Thistle forum, where we are meant to discuss all things Thistle. Jordan is one of our better players. He has been missing for nearly two months. We know that he appears to have problems but in no way should that mean that he shouldn't be discussed on the forum. Just my opinion!

It isn't that the issue shouldn't be discussed, it's that there will be completely legitimate reasons for the club not yet making a further statement (I don't need to spell these out for you). The demand for answers is therefore misplaced, unhelpful and indicative of a general unreasonableness that seems to be commonplace on this forum these days.

• Like 2

It isn't that the issue shouldn't be discussed, it's that there will be completely legitimate reasons for the club not yet making a further statement (I don't need to spell these out for you). The demand for answers is therefore misplaced, unhelpful and indicative of a general unreasonableness that seems to be commonplace on this forum these days.

We will agree to disagree on the matter. There was no demand for answers in my original post, I don't give a monkeys about what has happened, don't want to know the full story, just want to see one of our better players and someone the defence is missing, back playing for us. If that is not going to be possible all I said was that the club should just pay his contract up ( I believe he is on full pay anyway) and let the guy sort himself out and try and get another club. I am struggling to come up with any player who has been suspended by any club for two months.....someone will correct me no doubt!! Again just my opinion.

I stress I say this not from a position of inside knowledge but it is perfectly possible that the internal investigation has concluded and that all parties have mutually agreed a course of action that will be subjected to reassessment in time without footballing pressures being involved. This would be perfectly consistent with how companies in other contexts might deal with certain employment issues of a very personal nature.

To be honest, this is precisely how I view the situation. The club will be as frustrated as any one of us, but sound legal / HR advice will be being followed; ergo the apparent lack of progress towards resolution.

• Like 1

Any company I have been with as a manager and I have had to instigate disciplinary hearing the comosny has upbto 6 weeks to conclude the matter.

I certainly wouldn't want to argue with that mainly because I'm not au fait with current HR rulings and guidelines but also as I haven't a clue what a "comosny" is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Two Inverness Caledonian Thistle players have been "dealt with" internally by the club after they were involved in an incident which saw winger Aaron Doran fined by police."

This happened on Sunday the 15th February.

It show the the McMillan situation up to be a complete farce when other clubs can sort things out after 2 days.