V. St Johnstone 17Th Jan.

thebiglemon

This is the first of a bunch of winnable games coming up.

After the spirited showing v. DUFC we should be feeling positive about it.

As long as we don't start negative like the Motherwell game. Attack them, they're fairly pish.

I agree. We're much better when we take the game to other teams and we have got nothing to fear from St Johnstone. They are, as you say, fairly pish.

Would love to see us go on a wee unbeaten run. Other teams around us have been able to do it, now it's our turn.

Gary Fraser (illness), Sean Welsh (injury) and Jordan McMillan (club suspension) all out. Christie Elliott (injury) doubtful. No mention of Abdul Osman so I assume he's fit, and Archie's also said the postponement gave Dan Seaborne time to recover so I'd imagine he's okay. If that's all the case...

Gallacher

O'Donnell - Frans - Balatoni - Seaborne

Osman - Bannigan

Lawless - Stevenson - Higginbotham

Doolan

Fox, Lindsay, Keenan, Wilson, Craigen, McDaid, Elliott/Eccleston (is he still around?)

St Johnstone fans will be expecting a result here given their recent form (ish), so hopefully they'll break their usual 'lets try not to lose' formation and we can get at them a bit. The game at Firhill earlier this season was terrible since they sat in for a draw and we ran out of ideas/quality/bovril/enthusiasm.

Don't like the idea of Seabourne at LB. He's not mobile enough so I'd continue with Keenan. Think Balatoni will retain his place as it would be harsh to drop him after his performance against Utd. Higgy to come back in due to lack of options, although I think he should count himself a bit lucky to get a start. This is assuming Elliot doesn't make it.

------------------Gallacher------------------

SOD----Balatoni----Seabourne-----Keenan

--------Osman-------Bannigan----------

Lawless-------Stevenson----------Higgy

---------------Doolan------------------------

Edited by Paulo
  • Like 1

St Johnstone fans will be expecting a result here given their recent form (ish), so hopefully they'll break their usual 'lets try not to lose' formation and we can get at them a bit. The game at Firhill earlier this season was terrible since they sat in for a draw and we ran out of ideas/quality/bovril/enthusiasm. Don't like the idea of Seabourne at LB. He's not mobile enough so I'd continue with Keenan. Think Balatoni will retain his place as it would be harsh to drop him after his performance against Utd. Higgy to come back in due to lack of options, although I think he should count himself a bit lucky to get a start. This is assuming Elliot doesn't make it. ------------------Gallacher------------------ SOD----Balatoni----Seabourne-----Keenan --------Osman-------Bannigan---------- Lawless-------Stevenson----------Higgy ---------------Doolan------------------------

no fraser? or is he injured?

St Johnstone fans will be expecting a result here given their recent form (ish), so hopefully they'll break their usual 'lets try not to lose' formation and we can get at them a bit. The game at Firhill earlier this season was terrible since they sat in for a draw and we ran out of ideas/quality/bovril/enthusiasm.

Don't like the idea of Seabourne at LB. He's not mobile enough so I'd continue with Keenan. Think Balatoni will retain his place as it would be harsh to drop him after his performance against Utd. Higgy to come back in due to lack of options, although I think he should count himself a bit lucky to get a start. This is assuming Elliot doesn't make it.

------------------Gallacher------------------

SOD----Balatoni----Seabourne-----Keenan

--------Osman-------Bannigan----------

Lawless-------Stevenson----------Higgy

---------------Doolan------------------------

I'd be happy with this.

"The loudest sound in the stadium at present are the shouts from the players on the pitch."

A but catty from the official commentary, no? It wasn't exactly a cauldron of noise at Firhill against Dundee United as I recall - in fact I distinctly remember hearing Gallacher yelling at his defence for most of the first half ...

Edited by Richard Nixon