Livingston Miss Out On Millions

stevie inglis

Indeed.

Though it's worth looking at the last paragraph and considering the number of players that they have produced over the last few years. Way more than us...

I was thinking the same thing. The success that they and Hamilton have had with youth development can only be good for the Scottish game. I really hope we have started getting things right on that front, with some youth players getting a game recently (admittedly once the season is over) there is some hope that at least one or two can make the step up.

I was thinking the same thing. The success that they and Hamilton have had with youth development can only be good for the Scottish game. I really hope we have started getting things right on that front, with some youth players getting a game recently (admittedly once the season is over) there is some hope that at least one or two can make the step up.

in hamilton's case, it's good for the game, yes. the difference seems to be that livi funded a youth setup using money that they didn't have/wasn't theirs. little sympathy with livi missing out on a windfall as they're reaping what they sowed.

little sympathy with livi missing out on a windfall as they're reaping what they sowed.

They also produced Leigh Griffiths and that lad Halliday who is off to Middlesborough. I don't know if the youth set-up is continuing due to their current financial position, but it has produced a couple of gems now which have added to the quality of Scottish football.

little sympathy with livi missing out on a windfall as they're reaping what they sowed.

I agree with this. However they were suitably punished by being relegated to division 3, so I hope that their youth set-up hasn't been affected too badly, and that they can continue the work they did in the past with their current owners who seem to have a better idea what they are doing (from my naive perspective).

Edited by twinny

I don't think Livingston's youth set up has been affected too much. They have the best under 19s team in the SFL by miles and got to the semi-finals of the youth cup only to be knocked out by Celtic who won the under 19s SPL league and are the best in the country right now.

It might be that playing in the lower leagues may even help their youth development as they can afford to give some of their youth players a chance in games where they are winning comfortably.

Edited by Pie Of The Month