Will Anything Happen For Us Tomorrow?

jagfaelivi

be excellent if we get lyle back. be tremendous if an actual transfer, but since scunny paid a fee and gave him a three year contract, guessing it will only be a loan, unless they now view lyle to be surplus to their permanent requirements. i'd greet if snakenamara grabs him though.

on the whole though, this is turning into a big mad mental transfer deadline day.

some great crazy deals done already, and more to come by looks of it in next few hours

when was last time so much money changed hands for scottish transfers on deadline day, and particularly with so many deals between scottish clubs?

armageddon indeed

Looks like Celtic are signing McKay -Stevens and Armstrong. Getting worried now!!

He might go for Taylor - who knows? But they have just sold a winger and a midfielder so you would think that they'd be looking to sign these kind of players. I have to say I'm surprised they didn't wait till the end of the season before selling them as they won't be available for their cup final and they can't guarantee any replacements they bring in will fit in.

Oh FFS!! Troll off! 8 goals last season and 6 this season. Just nearly on par with our top scorers!!

Still doesn't make him a striker. Goal scoring midfielders are valuable but they get their goals because they are not strikers - it's their ability to make runs from midfield into the box which gives them their opportunities. (We used to have guys like that, e.g. Craig, Hardie) and you don't replace them with a forward, you replace them with another midfielder who is capable of doing the same if you can. If they brought in another forward there would be no place for them unless there were injuries.

It doesn't mean Macnamara won't go for a striker of course - with nearly £2 million to spend he may see it as an opportunity to increase cover in other areas of the team as well as replacing the players just sold. But if he brings in a forward he won't be Armstrong's replacement.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Still doesn't make him a striker. Goal scoring midfielders are valuable but they get their goals because they are not strikers - it's their ability to make runs from midfield into the box which gives them their opportunities. (We used to have guys like that, e.g. Craig, Hardie) and you don't replace them with a forward, you replace them with another midfielder who is capable of doing the same if you can. If they brought in another forward there would be no place for them unless there were injuries.

It doesn't mean Macnamara won't go for a striker of course - with nearly £2 million to spend he may see it as an opportunity to increase cover in other areas of the team as well as replacing the players just sold. But if he brings in a forward he won't be Armstrong's replacement.

They have lost two guys who score goals for them. Ciftci is the only one I can think of,off hand, that scores more than those two. Still I ain't getting involved in this. I just want Taylor signed up....in the red n yella!