Should The Manager Stay Or Go ?

javeajag

Are you saying that the players Archibald signed aren't good enough?

Or are you saying the players he signed are being mismanaged by Archibald?

It could be both as there have been a number of poor transfer buys. We're on to our second loan LB of the season, which we knew for a whole season we'd need, & this one as poor as the last imo.

But that's been discussed to death elsewhere with me (& others) being shouted down for dare to criticise.

What a difference a few weeks makes eh?

However, I'd say at the moment it's the later.

Btw, didn't The Monkey Red suggest Carroll went early for something other than footballing reasons?

Where is he these days? Usually got plenty to say.

If AA has lost the respect of the players and they have actively downed tools to get him sacked then the pressure is really on. Unless he has the complete backing of the board to drop these guys then I don't think it will end well for him.

The left back situation has been a big disappointment.

Booth is dug shit. I don't think he's much of an improvement on Keenan.

It's clear that something fundamental is wrong at the Club. Perhaps by co-incidence, the timing of the poor performances match the McMillan fiasco. I have no idea what is behind the McMillan situation, but two months have passed with no resolution, which is astonishing, and must affect team performance. The Board is therefore at least partly to blame.

Archibald has his strengths (signings) and his weaknesses (selection, lack of tactical nous), and I think he is now surviving on the goodwill of his employers. That goodwill is now probably largely due to his long playing career at the club (sentiment), but also due to the critical juncture of the season (timing), and a lack of managerial options (expense).

Sacking Archibald now would be a mistake I think. The Board would be rightly accused of passing the buck, a new manager would still face the lack of effort from the players, and most importantly we are still very likely to avoid relegation. The time for a clear out is at the end of the season.

The Board have to clear the air immediately over McMillan, tell the players that Archibald is going nowhere, and find ways to incentivise the players using a stick and not a carrot.

• Like 2

To answer the original question, what's the point of bagging him now? The new guy would still have to work with the players we have and I honesyly don't think Mourinho would have got a result today.

I think we saw the real side and ability levels of players today - lazy, slow, poor first touches, poor vision, scared, nervous, panicky.

Archie has made a rod for his back by sticking with players who clearly were off firm and needed dropped, not given a decent run out to players who deserved a shot and poor excuses for poor performances.

But it's too late to change the manager and we can only work with what we've got.

But if I was in his shoes, the starting 11 and the bench for next week would look a lot different from today.

I think we saw the real side and ability levels of players today - lazy, slow, poor first touches, poor vision, scared, nervous, panicky.

You think they've been overachieving all this time? Fair play to them if they have, but I don't think do. I think they're better than this.

The Board have to clear the air immediately over McMillan, tell the players that Archibald is going nowhere, and find ways to incentivise the players using a stick and not a carrot.

Totally agree with this, the BOD and the support have to stand shoulder to shoulder with Archie over this matter.

Whatever anyone says about Archie, nobody could ever accuse him of not trying his best for our club, at the end of the day he can do no more.

AA should stay. Its easy to be a manager when all is well so now we will see how it goes.

Confidence throughout the team is shot to pieces hence no passing game. Poor decision making isn't helping ie when SoD could have cut back a simple pass to Stevo but tried a side back heel thingy pass!!!! wTF. Now that simple tap in, one up, different game.

So many to pick from.

Confidence,confidence, confidence and only Taylor and Stevenson seem to have any at the moment.

Time to see if Archie will make it as a manager.

Have to disagree about Stevenson. Lazy lazy lazy. And not for the first timeframes season. In hindsight, one of the worst signings we've made.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's upset the dressing room.

Why was he on Sportscene when the other players were in Dublin on their Christmas night out?

Have to disagree about Stevenson. Lazy lazy lazy. And not for the first timeframes season. In hindsight, one of the worst signings we've made.

Why was he on Sportscene when the other players were in Dublin on their Christmas night out?

Why don't we ask McMillan ?

Worst signing ever ! Get a fecking grip Big Col FFS.

If I stayed awake all night long I could produce a list of players most on here have never heard of who I would put in your ' Stevenson ' mould.

Seriously lol ?

Edited by Jaggy1967

To be honest I thought Stevo was a right dud, but over the last couple of months he has really impressed and I think he has been a good signing, who also looks alot fitter and sharper now, than he did at the start of the season.

Some said that Stevo was injury prone and (touch wood) he has been avaliable to play all season.

Worst signing ever ! Get a fecking grip Big Col FFS.

If I stayed awake all night long I could produce a list of players most on here have never heard of who I would put in your ' Stevenson ' mould.

Seriously lol ?

I never said the worsr one ever. My point is that for a player who is allegedly the highest paid at the club and meant to be the most experienced, I dont think he has contributed as much as he should be.

and he has been arguably our best player since that night? - Dundee united game may have been next. Perhaps as Archie's observations about him being quite a fitness fanatic first in at training last away maybe shows late night partying in Dublin is not for him.

Perhaps rather than hound Stevenson again you might want to look at seaborne our captain - not done a thing in games he has played since this Dublin party and not been available in the other half - how positive has he been behind the scenes and in the dressing room

Can somebody outline the players that were laughing etc at the penalty. I missed this, though I was having a bit of an, eh discussion with a nugget that was sitting beside me about the spot kick!

didn't see it directly myself, but just after galls penalty save, heard a few around me talking about some players "disgraceful" "couldn't care less" "joking around with county players" before the penalty was saved.

You think they've been overachieving all this time? Fair play to them if they have, but I don't think do. I think they're better than this.

when they can be bothered it appears.

We have not managed to pull away from bottom3,but thankfully we still have a 7pt lead over them.I don't think we will get anything next week.But if county beat us again In 2weeks I think Archie should go.Whatever is going on at Firhill it is up to Archie to sort it out.Not all that long ago we were 14pts ahead of County.

It was obviously not the manager at Motherwell, as apart from their 1st 2 games under the new guy - they have continued their miserable season.

My point on McCall was he did well then it slumped same as us with the same players as the previous season and changing the manager is a 50/50 bet

Managers carry the can in football rightly or wrongly

But we can't praise the manager when we win and the say it's the players when we lose