Team

read'n'yell

Paul Gallacher, Stephen O'Donnell, Conrad Balatoni, James Craigen, Stuart Bannigan, Steven Lawless, Frederic Frans, Christie Elliott, Kallum Higginbotham, Abdul Osman, Lyle Taylor.

Subs: Scott Basalaj, Callum Booth, Kris Doolan, Ryan Stevenson, Ben Richards-Everton, Gary Fraser, Declan McDaid

No Stevenson - our best player since christmas. The only one who has performed week in week out. Also playing Elliott at left back even after he sold two goals and was a bombscare last week? Even when Booth didn't have a brilliant game, he was still ok. Losing faith.

Nice to see Higgy and Lawless back in. Put Stevo in for Craigen and Booth for Elliot. Anyway, will no doubt win today. Just have a feeling it's the type of game we get a result, when no one expects it.

Edited by read'n'yell

When I see the team on a Saturday my natural reaction is that there are things I don't know that has dictated the managers choice (injuries/knocks, training performance, attitudes, illness, match tactics etc).

To offer an opinion is one thing but to slate the manager even before his chosen team has set a foot on the pitch is just shameful.

• Like 1

Saw the team and thought Archie's got it fairly spot on. Booth's been disappointing so far and we need to tighten up the midfield while at the same time Craigen deserves his chance.

Surprised Lawless has started considering his twitter post but maybe Archie sees it that he'll be itching to prove his worth.

Smooth edit after finding ourselves 2-0 up!

Edited just after kick off when 0-0. It was a question and wasn't meant so seriously, as you can see in my actual post I didn't mention Archie at all, it was more about Stevo not playing and five changes. Didn't think people would take it to heart so much so changed it as it wasn't meant to cause offense.

Edited just after kick off when 0-0. It was a question and wasn't meant so seriously, as you can see in my actual post I didn't mention Archie at all, it was more about Stevo not playing and five changes. Didn't think people would take it to heart so much so changed it as it wasn't meant to cause offense.

I stayed well clear of the thread and was leaving it to Thistle fans to debate the Stevenson issue.

When you start a thread title like that there is always a chance it could backfire which it did even though the thread title was changed.

Things are nervy both amongst the support on the forum and those involved inside the club with the relegation issue hanging in the background, so heat of the moment things are said and done but that's normal.

This forum was full of silly threads last week and constant bitching between those in the Archie camp and those who are not and has been like that for quite some time which for me peaked last week with all the negativity being spouted.

Hopefully everyone can move on from this and just enjoy today's result and forget all the negative shit and personal battles for now anyway.

Whatever team Archie picked someone somewhere wouldn't agree with it, but they are all Thistle players and today that team of Jags he picked done the damage.

Have some faith

Enjoy it boys and girls :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The team played crap last week, Archie changed it, we won (well according to radio) today, the changes worked.

Well done Archie

Archie seems to have gotten as right this week as he got it wrong last week so well done and credit for the Tannadice performance.

Maybe not the best weekend to give Archie some criticism but for me one of his big failings is not learning and reacting quickly enough to mistakes he's made Lets hope the Ross County debacle has taught him a lot.

Edited by angry gaz

The team today was full of guys who care about the club. Dunno if the same can be said for some of the guys who started last week.

Delighted with the victory because a four point gap to the bottom three would have been scary.

Last week Stephen O'Donnell, Freddie Frans and Abdul Osman apparently couldn't care less and Stevie Lawless spat the dummy and according to many should have been shown the door. What a difference a win makes.

I can see why it's a mystery. My post now has no context. The reason is that the original poster edited the title. The original thread was posted at around 2pm today when the team was an announced. In it, the poster more than hinted that he felt that the manager had "lost the plot". That the team selection was wrong. He can claim what he likes but I'm sure other posters will back me up.

It's not surprising that he didn't have the balls to stand by his original post.

As an aside, Archie achieved today what Bertie Auld couldn't win at Tannadice. Our fourth since I was born in 1970.

I can see why it's a mystery. My post now has no context. The reason is that the original poster edited the title. The original thread was posted at around 2pm today when the team was an announced. In it, the poster more than hinted that he felt that the manager had "lost the plot". That the team selection was wrong. He can claim what he likes but I'm sure other posters will back me up.

It's not surprising that he didn't have the balls to stand by his original post.

As an aside, Archie achieved today what Bertie Auld couldn't win at Tannadice. Our fourth since I was born in 1970.

Your posts never contribute to any sort of discussion. Anyone that has read through this thread will know exactly what was posted and when it was posted. The 'context' is there to be seen.

It's just ironic that one of the biggest wasters on this forum is the one trying to hold the moral high ground. An ill-judged thread title, that I subsequently removed when I realised it was taken understandably wrong, given the sensitive nature of our situation.

Dress it up how ever you like. You've been caught out and still don't have the balls to admit it. As the weeks roll on , so the naysayers are outed as complete and utter charlatans.

Last week the two up front myth was laid to rest. Now the James Craigen patter has been undone too- he's featured in 4 out of 7 wins.

Oh and here's the table after 27 games from last season http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premiership/2013-2014/table/2014-02-25 .

Biggest wasters on the forum? Like anyone cares. At least I know I kept faith with the manager, believed in the players and trusted them to work their way out of the slump. Like supporters are supposed to do.

That's me done for a few weeks on here knicker wetters.

Enjoy your weekend.