Annoying Cliches Of The New Millenium

thebiglemon

Gary McAllister constantly sing 'lutle' as in 'little' on BT Sport. I don't mind him saying the sang word lutle. But he must in all honesty say it at least 30 times per game.

Nice lutle ball.

A lutle shove.

A nice lulte move.

A lutle late there ......... and it goes on constantly.

How the guys get picked I never know - is there not a basic test they need to go through.

I turned over to the Kilmarnock v Aberdeen game yesterday and McAllister said 'lutle' at least four times in my first minute watching. I can't believe I have never noticed this before.

At first I found it quite amusing but then it started to irritate me so I stopped watching.

Not exactly cliches, but there are two things which get on my tits.

Firstly managers who blame the ref for their own/teams failings. Yes refs are human and they sometimes get things wrong when they have a split second to make a decision, but I bet that over the course of a game, they make no more errors than any of the players on the pitch. Managers just pick on them because they can't answer back to defend themselves and it doesn't criticize one of their own overpaid premadonnas. Man up and don't just take the easy option. (and if the players could actually help the ref rather than trying to win oscar nominations - falling like a dying swan when not touched and claiming they won the ball when they take the man out at the knee - then than might help)

Secondly video technology. NO NO NO NO NO. Apart from anything else, where would be the joy in an after match post mortem if there were no dodgy decisions to analyse. One of the great joys of football is the was is/wasn't it arguments with no way that anyone can be proven right or wrong. Also, there is a certain enjoyment to be gained from being aggrieved. I'm sure I'm not the only one who still gets off on having a good moan about Tannadice almost 20 years ago. My life would be far less rich if there had been video technology getting every decision right.

Secondly video technology. NO NO NO NO NO. Apart from anything else, where would be the joy in an after match post mortem if there were no dodgy decisions to analyse. One of the great joys of football is the was is/wasn't it arguments with no way that anyone can be proven right or wrong. Also, there is a certain enjoyment to be gained from being aggrieved. I'm sure I'm not the only one who still gets off on having a good moan about Tannadice almost 20 years ago. My life would be far less rich if there had been video technology getting every decision right.

In American sports where they review everything even remotely controversial, there is still a great deal of discussion about whether something was the right decision or not. Referees can go and watch a 5 second clip over and over again, and still come out with what many people think is the wrong decision. So even with this sort of technology involved, you'd probably still have decisions to moan about or feel relieved about; although maybe less frequently.

Btw, I'm not advocating video technology here, as I don't I think video technology should be introduced any further than it already is in football. It's the right thing to do for goals, but other than that, leave it out. Just saying you could still enjoy a good moan, even if it was. :thumbsup:

In American sports where they review everything even remotely controversial, there is still a great deal of discussion about whether something was the right decision or not. Referees can go and watch a 5 second clip over and over again, and still come out with what many people think is the wrong decision. So even with this sort of technology involved, you'd probably still have decisions to moan about or feel relieved about; although maybe less frequently.

Btw, I'm not advocating video technology here, as I don't I think video technology should be introduced any further than it already is in football. It's the right thing to do for goals, but other than that, leave it out. Just saying you could still enjoy a good moan, even if it was. :thumbsup:

To be honest, I'm sick of hearing endless debates focusing on one small incident in a match. Say a ref never gave a stonewall penalty, the team on the receiving end of a bad decision has another 89 mins to get something. I just wish the post match interviews would focus on what the teams tactics were and why they worked or didn't work. Similar to the herald article explaining many of our tactics against Motherwell and why they worked.

• Like 1

And what about teams or individual players who play a good passing game but are said to have no “end product”. Jeezo what’s wrong with simply saying they can’t scores goals, or even, can’t find the net. Can you imagine saying to your mates, great, Taylor has found his end product touch.

Strange. They had it in their locker and they set out their stall but unfortunately the end product has gone missing.

The name of the pundit escapes me for moment but I cringe when I hear said about a player that "he's done ever so well".

"Ever so" appears in scottish football and Enid blyton and nowhere else, whIch is a strange mix (though I've been obsessed by both).

Someone told me the other day that I say "is it fair to say" at the start of everything. Which is disappointing because I thought I was immune to all this cliche stuff. I need to get my ducks in a row so I can run it up the flagpole and see what sails.