Justin Motherwell!

Lindau

Was it not Collum that got pulled up for it no?

You may be correct, as I said I may have been havering - though I think my general point about referees holds - there's so often a complete lack of common sense in their decisions.

What went on with Osman was a thing we see typically with useless referees. A key player is obviously targeted for "treatment" and the ref takes no action (except maybe a meaningless "talking to") - no doubt because he figures not giving out cards early in the game shows he's a good ref.

What often happens is he ends up giving lots of cards as his early softness over cards leads to reaction from players who retaliate at fouls which are not being punished adequately and you end up with a battle. A good ref will recognise this targeting of players and stamp it out early by giving an early card and warning that he'll keep doing so if they keep it up. That usually stops it and the other cards aren't needed. However you rarely see a ref with the gumption to do that these days.

Having said that I have to say Osman showed great discipline and didn't let the "attention" get to him. getting his own back by dominating midfield and contributing to the win. The best way to retaliate.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Hate punk and can't stand Werthers. Even though I'm in my 50's!

Not a massive fan myself, but two of my mates are, so we decided to go and have a bevy session. I do like The Damned and I saw The Anti Nowhere League supporting Motorhead a few years ago and the were pretty good!

I think there's maybe a big difference from appreciating the atmosphere the Motherwell fans contributed to with the assistance of the drumming, and the likes of Livingston fans, who can with aid of a big drum conjure up no atmosphere whatsoever.

If banging a drum was made compulsory at all grounds my strong preference at Firhill would be for drumming in the style of Elvin Jones or Tony Williams. That said even I could envisage a practical difficulty arising in complimenting an excessive use of polyrhythms during a refrain of Mary from Maryhill.

nothing beats old skool punk, the Pistols were kept off the No 1 spot by the Establishment when they release "God Save the Queen" The young 'well fans added to the cup tie atmosphere but I find the drum annoying. Also, "Twist and Shout" from kids born in the naugties/nineties.....cringe.

then Mad-yin books Balatoni for kicking the ball away.

This decision annoyed me. Balatoni kicked the ball before the officials had indicated the ball had gone out of play. Madden had no right to book him for this in my opinion.

This decision annoyed me. Balatoni kicked the ball before the officials had indicated the ball had gone out of play. Madden had no right to book him for this in my opinion.

It is annoying because the decisions aren't consistent. Conrad got booked for kicking the ball away and effectively time wasting after we were ahead.

In last night's game Gardyne kicked the ball into the net after being given offside with no booking. The score was 0-0 at the time. It is either an offence or it isn't - it shouldn't depend on the score at the time