42 Clubs In 42 Hours

Jag

On Thursday morning a group of five friends will set off on a journey where they will attempt to visit all 42 senior clubs in Scotland in 42 hours.

They do so to raise funds for the The JMA Trust, which was set up last year after the sad passing of John (Maurice) Aitken, who died in the summer from Lymphoma. There have been a few fund raising events so far including one of them cycling the West Highland Way in 24 hours and a charity night at The Radisson at the end of November. Ryan Stevenson was at this, although I am unsure of the connection.

Arnold Clark have kindly sponsored them with use of a car and they will get photos taken at each ground they visit, as well as being allowed access in to certain stadia to get pictures on the pitch. They have just announced that Lorraine Kelly is to meet them at Tannadice for a photo shoot so they are getting good publicity.

Obviously if anyone cares to donate to this cause they would be more than welcome but I thought it may interest a few people, given that it is football related and has never been done before.

For all twitter users you can follow their progress by following @42in42JMA

Reports in today's Herald and last week's Record below.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/health/charity-challenge-visit-42-senior-scottish-football-clubs-in-42-hours.123012959

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/real-life/friends-family-tragic-football-fan-5470432

Good luck to them. :thumbsup2:

btw does Ochilview count as a doubler? :)

yeah they are ticking off stenny and East Stirlingshire at he one ground. good to see Thistle letting them into the ground for photos with Seaborne and giving them

a signed top.

Edited by jags on tour

I always thought 12am was midnight, 12pm midday. Every day is a school day!

I should have possibly just said noon or midday.

Strictly speaking, 12 am and 12 pm are the same: the former stands for 12 (hours) ante meridiem = before midday, and the latter for 12 (hours) post meridiem = after midday.

I think you're right: it makes sense to use noon/midday and midnight in order to avoid confusion, because so few people learn any Latin now.

• 2 months later...