Other Players To Target -

Third Lanark

This could be a strange transfer window. Would be happy simply retaining the players we have. Osman, Lawless, Booth, Balatoni, Elliott (right back as O'Donnell off), Taylor, Fox and Craigen. The guys have proved they can play at this level and the team spirit is great. Higgy is an interesting one. This time last year we would be clamouring for his signature but stop/start season. Talent not in doubt just need to get his mojo back.

It might help that he was out for so long - might mean other teams won't be after him.

Maybe bringing back kyle hutton might be worth a shout, if sean welsh isn't kept on

I'm not so sure he'd want to come and be the 5th choice centre midfielder, as he's definitely not as good as Fraser, Osman or Bannigan and no better than Craigen either. If the wage demands are low and he understands his role then maybe.

Would take Gregg Wylde from St Mirren.

Gregg Wylde is pish. He's utterly, utterly pish. I'll be absolutely livid if we sign him. He, like most of the St Mirren team, simply aren't upto it at this level, and the lack of effort that he and others are clearly putting in is indicative of a serious attitude problem.

Were you at the game on Saturday caller. If so I am amazed you have made that comment. Looked overweight, uninterested and didn't appear to try a leg. Not the type we want at Firhill

I'm not so sure he'd want to come and be the 5th choice centre midfielder, as he's definitely not as good as Fraser, Osman or Bannigan and no better than Craigen either. If the wage demands are low and he understands his role then maybe.

Some folk seem to forget that Hutton looked quite good in a Thistle team that was nowhere near as good as our current team. Not to mention that Rangers have kept up their tradition of ruining promising young players - Hutton has gone backwards in recent years - or at best stood still.

Where would you take him to?

Somewhere far, far away so as to remove even the slightest possibility that we sign him? :-)

and one for mr hosie too

thumbs-up-like-inscription-isolated-white-background-36702308.jpg

my motherwell-supporting pal was equally surprised; he thinks contract was for at least 2 years

Ah well. It'll be worth it when they knock Sevco out the play-off

sevco won't get past the queens, it'll be hibs or qots the notverygoodwell get relegated to.

Got a bad feeling about our out of contract players. I reckon our good form will tempt some of the higher paying clubs - that means everyone else in the top flight and a few in the championship will be sniffing around and money talks. Shame because it will be difficult to the get same quality for same money . If this happened we would lose the core of the team who have now played together for a few years and I wouldn't underestimate how important having a stable core is to us. The league will be harder next year make no mistake. Dundee already signing new players, hearts plus another, Ross county strengthening and Hamilton have a few quid .

Got a bad feeling about our out of contract players. I reckon our good form will tempt some of the higher paying clubs - that means everyone else in the top flight and a few in the championship will be sniffing around and money talks. Shame because it will be difficult to the get same quality for same money . If this happened we would lose the core of the team who have now played together for a few years and I wouldn't underestimate how important having a stable core is to us. The league will be harder next year make no mistake. Dundee already signing new players, hearts plus another, Ross county strengthening and Hamilton have a few quid .

And of course our management are sitting on their arses waiting for Messi to come along asking for a game.

Hearts, Dundee and Hamilton have known for a few weeks what league they are going to be in next season and therefore know what they can offer players. We have only known since 16:45 on the Saturday of a bank holiday and now we are in a position where we can offer our out of contract players new deals, and find out what their intentions are. Other than replacements for Booth and Taylor (which might very well be Booth and Taylor) we don't know what positions we are needing to recruit for.

I'm pretty sure that Archie will have a short list of targets and once he knows who he needs he will be able to make his moves. Until then anything is just idle speculation and, judging by previous years, anyone we bring in will be from Engand/Europe and unlikely to have heard of.

• Like 1