New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

Does anybody know if we will be getting a new Home and/or Away shirt for next season. I'm aware that we are still being sponsored by Joma for another few years (sigh...).

Personally I'd like to see a return to the hooped shirts that Puma made in their first few seasons, just for a bit of a change. And a return to the old red and yellow hooped socks.

I think that they are probably already made by now.

Retro kits are really in just now. did you see the West Brom Jeff Astle Tribute?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/26/10/2701447B00000578-3012661-image-a-6_1427366642894.jpg

How about a version of this one.

http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/1/1vR2chH2JiAAwKBYb071og709544/GW958H622

simple, classic and different to what we've seen recently

• Like 2

The stripes have been getting progressively thinner on these cruddy Joma shirts ... maybe next year we'll be similar to the nightmarish design St Mirren have had this year ...

Maybe the away shirt could be in the style of that old 70's number - white with red/black hoop round the centre.

Still, what we need is to dump Joma and get a manufacturer who isn't rubbish.

Don't get me started on the badge! When if first replaced the classy modern design I described it as having been produced by the infant department in a primary school. Sadly it looks like we're stuck with it for the foreseeable future . It displays a total lack of imagination.

As far a stripes v hoops is concerned I suppose it depends on the era you first started supporting the club - hoops for me personally - but in the proper tones as per late 60s please but I have no problem with stripes (no club holds a copyright on direction of colours) - although thick ones would be preferable - 1975/76 style - and again in the proper tones none of this fluorescent yellow and scarlet nonsense!

Shorts to be black or white.

Problem with hoops and stripes is that advert panels tend to ruin the effect so perhaps an all yellow (1971) style top could be considered.

No doubt it will emerge on the Friday before the start of next season and we will be delighted or dismayed in equal number.

• Like 2

I can't get this fascination with the horrendous yellow top,makes us look like Albion Rovers.We had success with it in 71 and all of a sudden it's the retro strip to have.If you look at our history we have mostly worn stripes or hoops and I hope we stick with that.

• Like 3

Or black?

Because our colours are red & yellow, not red, yellow & black? Black isn't even our normal tertiary colour. Sure we've had white shorts more than black in our history. We've had white away shirts, sky blue away shirts, we played in navy blue for a long time. Black away shirts I don't think are that common - no more than purple or pink.

Anyway, we're red AND yellow, not wont nother. I agree with macca that just because we won a cup in a yellow shirt a squillion years ago (the seventies, that great decade of fashion, natch), doesn't mean we should keep returning to it.

Unbroken hoops or stripes, please and a collar that's actually a collar.

• Like 1

For those of us who were there to see them win the final I suspect yellow with red shorts will always stir up great memories. For those too young then perhaps it doesnt have such appeal. Each to their own, although I suggest that those who decry the strip and the manner of the victory as being long ago betray a certain jealousy which, if they are not careful, expresses itself as self righteous and ignorant.