New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

Why are we always so slow to launch our new kits? Surely getting them out before the kids go on their holidays would get a few extra sold?

It is dependant on when the deal with the previous supplier expires, so TFL will have a contract to sell the current strip until day x and, even though TFL will supply next years strip, they have a binding contract to supply the current one until then. The day f the contract will also be dependant on when shirt sponsor contracts expire.

Been told new top is horizontal lines and is released at end of june

i have visions of a st mirren type top. perhaps it's just your wording, but i really hope it's stripes as opposed to lines.

so, not released until end of june. believe it when i see it. what's the stevie lawless that it will be delayed until mid July?

I've not bought a Joma top but you can peel the sponsor off? I really liked how the Puma tops had the sponsor integrated into the material design - was very professional looking (and they were designed to look good on the kit too...)

Mine started peeling after the first wash so I just took it off there and then. It's like we've gone back 20 years to the textile world days.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

Hopefully the sponsor is easy enough to peel off like this years top. Looks 100 times better

When I bought a Highlanders rugby top (no allegiances, just liked it) a few years back, I complained that the sponsors logo has come off and was asked if I had used fabric conditioner, which I (well, Mrs R actually) had. Didn't read the instructions, which clearly stated "Do not use fabric conditioner" as does all of my other sports/running tops. So if you want the logo to come off, try washing it with some extra fabric conditioner.