New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

If it was up to me, I say let Joma have a basic red and yellow home kit, and then give David Shrigley free reign to do whatever the hell her likes with the away kit.

He could replace the hairy testicle with Kingsley as far as I'm concerned and colour each top by hand with a big marker - love it

In all seriousness giving the publicity we are fast receiving from it would be a good idea would sell very quickly and raise a bit of cash. Wouldn't just be jags fans either looking at reactions from other teams fans

just stick "Mary Fae Maryhill" above it and they will be collectors items at Firhill!

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Oh wait there is.

Still, we had fifteen minutes of fame on twitter yesterday, and everyone had a good laugh when the mascot was on the news last night. It's a shame we only get attention for pulling idiotic stunts like this. But easily pleased Thistle fans are over the moon someone's paying attention to us for any reason I guess. They're not laughing with us - it's at us.

For the next two years we're sporting something that to call amateurish, is to insult amateurs. That's a whole lot of away fans having a right good laugh at us. That's a whole lot of defeats where we also get to look like f@nnies throughout.

The amount of Grape-Aid being drunk around here is unbelievable.

Oh wait there is.

Still, we had fifteen minutes of fame on twitter yesterday, and everyone had a good laugh when the mascot was on the news last night. It's a shame we only get attention for pulling idiotic stunts like this. But easily pleased Thistle fans are over the moon someone's paying attention to us for any reason I guess. They're not laughing with us - it's at us.

For the next two years we're sporting something that to call amateurish, is to insult amateurs. That's a whole lot of away fans having a right good laugh at us. That's a whole lot of defeats where we also get to look like f@nnies throughout.

Miserably wrong on absolutely every point. Go to Pie and Bovril and fans of other clubs are expressing admiration and even jealousy. It's universally acknowledged as a mad, out-of-nowhere mascot/logo but iots of people like it and see it as bold, amusing and interesting (lots of thing which Scottish football usually isn't). Just because you can't get your head around it doesn't mean that it's not a positive, fun, original thing which has raised the profile of our club and which many people like.

If you'd rather have an online betting company, a booze company or a pawnbroker's on our shirts like most other 'small' clubs than a striking, utterly original logo from a company who has given us a huge wadge of cash and designed by a famous fan of the club, then that's quite puzzling really. Cheer up!

Edited by ColinKelvin
  • Like 1

Oh wait there is.

When literally everyone else disagrees with you (across the world, it would seem) and thinks you're talking pish, the chances you are are either a visionary or a sour-pussed killjoy. You aren't a visionary.

Edited by JesusTejero
  • Like 1

Oh wait there is.

What a load of crap!! The club got more publicity yesterday than it's ever had in its near 140 year history. There are loads of people who didn't have an idea who or what we are, who certainly know now. How on earth can that be bad?

That's excellent. Hope there's no blue sky and white clouds surrounding it.

I agree. If they keep it to that it will be fine. If they use the clouds and text I think it will look pretty guff. They don't need to put anything else on it apart from that anyway, everyone knows who Kingsley is now.

Oh wait there is.

21awy0i.jpg

This would look good.

2a4zcw5.jpg

And the back

image removed because this forum doesn't let me post more than one image in a post!!! how daft a restriction is that??

^^^^^ we have a winner.

that would be ideal front and back (with the number in the sun on back).

That's excellent. Hope there's no blue sky and white clouds surrounding it.

I agree. If they keep it to that it will be fine. If they use the clouds and text I think it will look pretty guff. They don't need to put anything else on it apart from that anyway, everyone knows who Kingsley is now.

jagger and jag spot on ..... the blue sky thinking has been done, no need for blue sky or clouds or text on strips.

now we await for the real thing ..... please. please. don't fu(k it up jags.

give us the best thistle strip ever.

and a bat shit mental launch so we can melt the internet all over again.

eta: as for the haters (singular) on this thread ..... the laughs on them.

Edited by yoda-jag

Oh wait there is.

My girlfriend who hates football has already asked me to get her some Kingsley merchandise, to be fair she goes out with me(possibly because I look a bit like a David Shrigley drawing) so her taste is questionable, however David Shrigley is known worldwide and his stuff is very collectible. Whether you're a fan or not Modern Art is a multi-million pound industry and if we want to get more people interested in Partick Thistle outside of the usual mob of old duffers like us that would come along anyway then I reckon this is a good move.