Jonathan Franks (fw)

St. Johnstone:

Brad McKay (df)

Joe Shaughnessy (df)

Liam Craig (mf)

Graham Cummins (fw)

John Sutton (fw)

Edited by Dark Passenger

Got to admire the way county are going about their business. Signing up Woods ,Boyce and now Graham shows a bit of intent but it does help having a chairman with big pockets.

Anyone take Scott McDonald over lyle taylor if he became available?

I'm surprised hes signed up so soon after DUTD saying he was leaving, I thought he would be a cert to join STJ but County have obviously just thrown money at him to sign. For them not yet to be safe and Graham to be talking about getting back into Europe next year it would be funny if he ends up back at Starks Park in the league next year. I wouldn't take McDonald ahead of Doolan, never mind Taylor, he's finished.

Nicky Low, Rory Loy and Daryll Meggatt to Dundee on pre-contract agreements.

Surprised at Hartley signing Meggat but as he used to be his manager he should know the guy's potential. I was way wrong with Stewart who I thought would be an impact sub at best so perhaps Hartley knows what he's doing. Meggat's combative with reasonably good distribution but I guess he's more likely to be a squad player.

I'm surprised hes signed up so soon after DUTD saying he was leaving, I thought he would be a cert to join STJ but County have obviously just thrown money at him to sign. For them not yet to be safe and Graham to be talking about getting back into Europe next year it would be funny if he ends up back at Starks Park in the league next year. I wouldn't take McDonald ahead of Doolan, never mind Taylor, he's finished.

think your being a bit harsh on McDonald. The fact they are not already relegated is down to him. Granted he wasn't great against us but aside from that he has probably scored the same number of goals as Taylor and both were signed in January.

Now they are both different types of strikers and Taylor has Far more strength and can bully players more but I do think McDonald would be a useful addition and is certainly not finished. John Sutton on the other hand who someone on Facebook said we were being linked with is someone I would prefer we gave a wide berth to though

McDonald isn't going to get any better and more than likely be less effective next season. There's every chance younger players like Taylor and Doolan could improve. Archie has brought the odd experienced player in like Dowie, Mair and Kerr but they're more exceptions to the rule.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Scott McDonald is worse now than Lyle Taylor, and doesn't suit our style of play. No thanks. Not bothered about Brian Graham joining County, he's an alright player and nothing more. Would have taken Loy but a Dundee supporting mate seems to think they're paying him quite a lot (although obviously no idea if that's correct) so maybe not worth the risk that he wouldn't make the step up.

think your being a bit harsh on McDonald. The fact they are not already relegated is down to him. Granted he wasn't great against us but aside from that he has probably scored the same number of goals as Taylor and both were signed in January.

Now they are both different types of strikers and Taylor has Far more strength and can bully players more but I do think McDonald would be a useful addition and is certainly not finished. John Sutton on the other hand who someone on Facebook said we were being linked with is someone I would prefer we gave a wide berth to though

Agreed in mt book Scott McDonald is very fat fro, finished. after all its the SPFL we're talking about and not La Liga or something!

It's now the 1st of June which means many players will be out of contract (including 4 important players of our own 2014-15 squad). I think we're all agreed we'll lose most if not all of these players but I hope the manager doesn't wait too long for them to decide whether or not they're going to sign up. We don't want to wait too long to replace players - our problems for so long at left back are an example of what can happen.

Since we have a decent forward line of Elliot, Stevenson, Law and Doolan (with McDaid cover) all his immediate efforts should be concentrated in getting in a replacement for O'Donnell and defensive cover (i.e. a Balatoni replacement - unless he's decided that replacement will be Lindsay).

Of Higgs and Taylor I don't think we should make Higgy and offer and leave it at that but do our best to try to keep Taylor, meaning we should give him most time. We do need to have a couple of alternatives lined up and giving him more time doesn't mean there shouldn't be a deadline.

Anyway that's a way to fill in a post when there's nothing really to say - can I get a job at the Record now?

It's now the 1st of June which means many players will be out of contract (including 4 important players of our own 2014-15 squad). I think we're all agreed we'll lose most if not all of these players but I hope the manager doesn't wait too long for them to decide whether or not they're going to sign up. We don't want to wait too long to replace players - our problems for so long at left back are an example of what can happen.

Since we have a decent forward line of Elliot, Stevenson, Law and Doolan (with McDaid cover) all his immediate efforts should be concentrated in getting in a replacement for O'Donnell and defensive cover (i.e. a Balatoni replacement - unless he's decided that replacement will be Lindsay).

Of Higgs and Taylor I don't think we should make Higgy and offer and leave it at that but do our best to try to keep Taylor, meaning we should give him most time. We do need to have a couple of alternatives lined up and giving him more time doesn't mean there shouldn't be a deadline.

Anyway that's a way to fill in a post when there's nothing really to say - can I get a job at the Record now?

Not sure from above if you think Archie should make Higgy an offer or not.... I reckon he should, but as you say, a take-it-or-leave-it type of offer, as if we need to bring in new guys Archie might want to start as soon as possible. But I'd actually do likewise for Taylor, or indeed any guys who are out of contract but who Archie might want to retain.

Not sure from above if you think Archie should make Higgy an offer or not.... I reckon he should, but as you say, a take-it-or-leave-it type of offer, as if we need to bring in new guys Archie might want to start as soon as possible. But I'd actually do likewise for Taylor, or indeed any guys who are out of contract but who Archie might want to retain.

I'd keep Higgy if we can since though he wasn't the same force this year as last he's still got the potential to be a special player for us. Also important is he's been part of the squad for two years now: one thing we have in our favour is team spirit and a squad that knows each others games inside out. Teamwork has been a great part of our success++.

But having said all that the risk of having someone coming in at the last minute without having had time to meld into the team could be problematic. we want to get as good a start to the season as possible. I'd offer him as good a contract as we can afford but with a clear time limit on it.

++Edit to add: this is why I'm pleased we've got a good spine signed up already.

Edited by Mr Bunny