2015/16 Season Transfer Thread

I'd certainly table an offer for Higgy. Wouldn't be breaking the bank, but a guy who has a pretty rubbish season by his standard and weighs in with around 8 assists (I think it was) would be worth retaining if he wanted to stay.

It's now the 1st of June which means many players will be out of contract (including 4 important players of our own 2014-15 squad). I think we're all agreed we'll lose most if not all of these players but I hope the manager doesn't wait too long for them to decide whether or not they're going to sign up. We don't want to wait too long to replace players - our problems for so long at left back are an example of what can happen.

Since we have a decent forward line of Elliot, Stevenson, Law and Doolan (with McDaid cover) all his immediate efforts should be concentrated in getting in a replacement for O'Donnell and defensive cover (i.e. a Balatoni replacement - unless he's decided that replacement will be Lindsay).

Of Higgs and Taylor I don't think we should make Higgy and offer and leave it at that but do our best to try to keep Taylor, meaning we should give him most time. We do need to have a couple of alternatives lined up and giving him more time doesn't mean there shouldn't be a deadline.

Anyway that's a way to fill in a post when there's nothing really to say - can I get a job at the Record now?

Job at the record eh??

You never mentioned either ugly sister once. Interview over!

Reading on P&B that we're signing former Accies keeper Tomas Cerny. Interesting one that. Perhaps means that we'll see either Scully left to fight it with him for the gloves and Gallacher third choice or solely GK coach or Scully gets loaned out to a first division team.

Always thought Cerny was a half decent keeper. Would be quite happy to take him instead of Fox

That's an interesting one , always thought he was an very good keeper. As much as I like Galls I hope Scully gets his chance to at least be on the bench if not starting but Cerny would make it a good fight for the No1 Place.

Was Cerny not the Hibees reserve keeper lately? I don't have a particular opinion about him but fail to see why a goalie who couldn't get a game in the division below us should be the equal of a player who was first choice for us.

To be fair he only joined Hibs in January after things didn't work out for him in Greece for whatever reason. Coming into a team at that stage you have little control over displacing the current number 1, if he doesn't get injured or make any high profile mistakes you don't get a look in. A very competent keeper from my memory with SPL experience, would be pleased if we brought him in.

Was Cerny not the Hibees reserve keeper lately? I don't have a particular opinion about him but fail to see why a goalie who couldn't get a game in the division below us should be the equal of a player who was first choice for us.

I suppose similar could be said of Callum Booth except he wasn't really replacing anyone still at the club.

To be fair he only joined Hibs in January after things didn't work out for him in Greece for whatever reason. Coming into a team at that stage you have little control over displacing the current number 1, if he doesn't get injured or make any high profile mistakes you don't get a look in. A very competent keeper from my memory with SPL experience, would be pleased if we brought him in.

Was to some extent playing the devil's dick advocaat. A lot of names mentioned on these type of threads tend to rate a player by when we last saw them play. As often as not the said player's form has gone out the window since or on a rarer occasion has improved considerably.

Once a goalie is good, as long as he gets continued game time, there's little likelihood of him not remaining good. Conversely unlike an outfield player a goalie can spend too long benchwarming and never regain his best form (Tuffey?).

Given he's not been an unused sub for that long I'd be pretty confident Cerny is still the player he was.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Cerny was also out until the end of March with mumps.

Considering our budget and the goalkeepers currently available, he's a very tidy signing.

• Like 1

Cerny was also out until the end of March with mumps. Considering our budget and the goalkeepers currently available, he's a very tidy signing.

I see you've been on the OS. Development squad boys Wilson and Hendry have also signed one-year contracts so I imagine they will for part of the first team squad (though they may be sent out on loan early on).