Lawless Betting Charge? (Who's Your Money On...)

Let's just hope he wasn't betting on us to lose when we were going through a ropey period at the turn of the year!! Don't understand why players do this when they know the rules. It must be easy to get round it. Get a friend to open up a deposit account in their name but you fund it and take the winnings....easy!! I remember back in the days when the team always had pre match lunch at the Esquire, the bookies at Anniesland X were always full of Jags players filling in coupons and betting on the horses.

Silly boy!

That said, I'm sure he's not the only one doing it despite numerous warnings from SPFA & others.

Difference being, he got caught.

Not good publicity for the club either as I'm sure that it's mentioned to the players reminding of their responsibilities.

Petulant tweets & now this. Talent is obvious but time to grow up Stevie.

That said, I'm sure he's not the only one doing it despite numerous warnings from SPFA & others.

A Thistle player has handed his photo into William Hill in Glasgow, banning himself from betting.

Not proof that he's been betting on football, but if you're at the point that you need to ban yourself, you're probably betting on anything going.

It's not Lawless, btw.

Unless he's been betting on us to lose this doesn't really bother me. Get his suspension out the way before the end of the season and it's job done.

As long as his absence from the team doesn't cost us a league position and £45,000...

I'm a huge fan of Stevie Lawless - cracking player - but if he's suspended for this Saturday, and we walk off the pitch at Hamilton with a draw when his being in the team might have got us a win... I'll be ripping.

Edited by ScottyDFA

If he did bet on football then frankly hell men him. The rules have been crystal clear on this for donkeys years and anyone who's ever played the game at any level has absolutely no excuse.

I refuse to be a hypocrite who argued that Black deserved all he got and that wee Stevie should walk away scot free. Regardless, since I don't know the facts I don't think it would be sensible for anyone including myself to comment further until all the facts are in the public domain.

Echo what others have said - he's stupid as the rules are clear but as long as he didn't bet against us I don't really care. Hopefully it's just stupidity and he doesn't have a wider gambling problem - however if so I'm sure the club would support him.

Why would the club support someone with a gambling problem when it wouldn't support someone with a drug use problem?