Club Statement

Jag

I'll feel a bit uneasy at seeing the Jackie Husband Stand full of Celtic fans, but if it's bringing in an extra £250,000 then I suppose fair enough?

The 5-1 game where Celtic fans were peppered in amongst the Jackie Husband Stand was the worst game and atmosphere I've been to, so I'd rather we give them the whole thing instead of one section.

Do feel that we're basically giving away one or two home games though, in terms of getting behind the team...

I agree with it but then I would; I go to the NS. But I can remember how annoyed I've been in the last two years so respect any JH attendee who are equally as annoyed about this.

They've used the 62% attendance stat to justify this move - in that case I think it also justifies offering a non-OF game Season Ticket.

Not ideal, but common sense.

We simply cannot ignore the figures here and the Pros, unfortunately, outweigh the Cons in this instance. Take all the money the Old Sc*m are willing to offer.

We've barely challenged the old firm's resolute at Firhill in my lifetime and I don't think this change will make any difference to our chances next season. It's up to the players to step up and find a point or two from these games, from somewhere.

Edited by brodieboy

I reluctantly have too agree - though if things improve financially for the club I would hope they do return things to normal. TBF they have more or less said they will.

Let's hope our Celtic fixtures don't get mucked about with next season like they did this: we had 5,766 total turnout in our one home game against them - all down to the game being put off and then played midweek in the middle of winter. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

I would hope this move is being made because the club has decided not to cut the manager's budget. I don't expect the budget to be increased but hopefully they are going to manage to keep it much the same. Actually this bothers me to the extent I stopped typing and emailed the club. Will post again here if I get a reply.

This has been put across in a better manner than the last time we were shifted about. I can understand the reasoning behind this. It's not a great feeling, but if we're thinking realistically it makes sense. It's not an insignificant amount of money we're (potentially) talking about.

As a JH stand season ticket holder I have no problems moving for a few matches if it means extra cash for the club. Long term stability in top flight and improving the squad are more important and if this move helps with those goals then I cant argue. Also think its a move that hasn't been taken lightly and is at least well explained this time. What I do find interesting from the email I got is that this move is potentially worth 250k to club from Celtic games so it would be a fair assumption it could be 500k if their ugly sisters join the top flight as well which is cash not to be sniffed at in current climate.

I guess David Beattie has read a couple of threads on here and taken action, I believe it's a good idea financially for the Jags and will help Archie with the squad, a few more good ideas and we might be able to secure a few more players for next season, agree with Junior as well.

Probably lesser of 2 evils seeing JHS full of Celtic fans as opposed to NS.

However I completely agree with others - season ticket minus Celtic games please.

I pay for my seat and a reservation fee for my sons seat in the JHS and we're being asked to move for a big game.

I'll feel a bit uneasy at seeing the Jackie Husband Stand full of Celtic fans, but if it's bringing in an extra £250,000 then I suppose fair enough?

The 5-1 game where Celtic fans were peppered in amongst the Jackie Husband Stand was the worst game and atmosphere I've been to, so I'd rather we give them the whole thing instead of one section.

Do feel that we're basically giving away one or two home games though, in terms of getting behind the team...

Completely agree with you there. It was a major factor behind my decision not to attend this season's fixture - that and the fact that it was played midweek in the middle of winter (probably the main reason why the attendance that night was so low).

Of course he could also start doing something to make Firhill a four-sided stadium, fit for purpose.

I thought exactly the same thing!

Build a decent city end stand and there is plenty of room for everyone.

Although, it will leave the ground feeling pretty empty for most other games. :thinking:

Firstly, I’ve no problem with us trying to maximise income- just not sure of the maths.

How many tickets have we given Celtic last 2 years, 4500 or so? North Stand plus almost half JH stand, allowing for segregation etc. Might even be more than this.

We’re now giving them 6250. Extra 1750 seats @ £25 = £43,750. Not all seats would be full price so less than that. Also not sure how hospitality capacity increases if only Celtic fans are in the JH, surely hospitality is open to all anyway?

edit: looking at it the other way, £250k at £25 a ticket is 10,000 extra fans. Even allowing for 2 games vs each arse cheek (which we're unlikely to get, normally if you get 2 vs one you get 1 vs t'other) that's 2500 per game.

I assume the £250k is if Rangers do come up as the comparison will be with the number of tickets they sell compared to Killie / Motherwell.

Edited by Ancipital

I don't have a problem with the move but not sure how the club can include these games in the season ticket now.

The whole point of a season ticket is that it's "your" seat.

Secondly, i look forward to the 25 quid fee for a reserved kids seat being abolished now. Given that it doesn't apply to a quarter of games and the club are confirming there is plenty of space in JH stand anyway.

• Like 1

Handing over the JHS make sense to me and must remove part of the headache of segregation. Be honest, we need whatever money comes in our direction and Celtic fans do travel in numbers. So a financially win-win IMO. I actually thought the email was polite, measured and reasonable. The missing fans are, of course, a concern and my fear is that we have an ageing fan base with not enough paying youngsters coming through.

To my mind what was missing was a message that it was "Time to breed for Thistle"! In this respect my work is done: One Jags die-hard and another that couldn't wait to run in the opposite direction down Maryhill Road! But happy to report that he has no interest in any other team.

Earlier comments relating to pricing etc also refer. On a more serious note, is the club allowed to break the mold and do whatever is necessary to increase crowds?

P.S. Could we put the SITB editor out to stud?

A Non Celtic Season Ticket is a must!

Fair enough, but you must still hope that we'll turn them over; so might want to be there. That is the dream! The future belongs to those who believe in the reality of their dreams! (that's one load of p*** BTW but seemed apt! Sorry!!).

Completely agree with you there. It was a major factor behind my decision not to attend this season's fixture - that and the fact that it was played midweek in the middle of winter (probably the main reason why the attendance that night was so low). I thought exactly the same thing! Build a decent city end stand and there is plenty of room for everyone. Although, it will leave the ground feeling pretty empty for most other games. :thinking:

Fill the spaces with extra large gnomes

• Like 1

As a JHS ST holder I've no problem with this for next season.

If not the first to do so I was certainly amongst the first on here to propose a non OF/Celtic season ticket. Even so I'd be in favour of the move alone for this one season. Let the Club evaluate the financial benefit and, assuming there is benefit, introduce a non OF/Celtic season ticket for season 16/17.

Tho' not affected myself I feel that in particular within the ST ranks parents and guardians with children also on a ST would welcome such an introduction. In fact it would be a valuable selling point.

Apart from the upheaval itself one downside will be the hospitality "experience" on such days but that's unavoidable. If there's permanence to this move then maybe the Club could look at the Aitken Suite used exclusively for Jags fan hospitality on such days. Coming to think of it us JHS St holders should kick up hell and we might get a free pie and pint out of it. :)

• Like 1

I used to be completely against this idea. I'm a season ticket holder in the JHS, however in the last year or so I've changed my mind. Being outnumbered at the games doesn't bother me, I want to see big attendances at Firhill and it would be foolish not to do everything we can to make sure we make that happen. There's really no excuse for Firhill to have 2-3000+ empty seats, we need to make the most of our location as a Glasgow club.

I know folk who don't go to games against the Celtic or Sevco for the obvious reasons but I hope the fact that we have the North Stand will help stem any potential backlash over this.

I'm fully behind this move, others won't be but that's to be expected. As others have said a non celtic season ticket is a must.

• Like 1