Club Statement

Jag

Don't know if I'm missing the point here but the most important thing in any business is looking after your customers. With the decision to relocate the JH stand to basically anywhere North Stand or the Main Stand ( don't think they really care) to accommodate Celtic supporters is actually giving the Board carte Blanche to do it whenever they want. What's going to happen if Sevco come back up ? , same thing I imagine . I''ve bought a season ticket for the last 30 years , and I choose to sit in the JH stand , don't think I'm the only season ticket holder who won't be renewing their season ticket because of this .

You're correct re looking after customers but I'd suggest the absolute most important thing in any business is to stay in business. I'm contradicting myself to some degree as I believe that the best approach the Club should be making, until it finds out the complex reasons fans have been drifting away, is to look after the ones who haven't. I just feel we have to be a bit pragmatic on this and accept it's a quick fix just to stand still.

I do tho' believe that, no matter how well intentioned and how well explained, this "move" opens the door for selling ST's with a "no OF" option. As jlsarmy says looking after customers is paramount to any business. That being the case then the Club have to be looking after 38% of its ST holders who don't or won't attend the Celtic/OF games. Within that 38% there must be a fair amount of loyal fans seriously questioning the value of their ST.

I'm in favour of this "move" purely for its quick fix value and as a stand alone initiative. If it's a stepping stone to introducing a "no OF option", which we already know will have the blessing of at least 38% of our ST holders, then all the better.

I am not sure that the 62% attendance of ST holders at the last Celtic game is an acknowledgement that they would welcome a Non OF ticket.

I didn't attend that game for a variety of reasons. It was midweek and on the TV. The 3rd reason was that the previous game at Firhill against them was such a horrible experience and I didn't want to experience it again so soon. Chances are that if the next games aren't on the TV and aren't potentially title winning for them, I will be there.

I am also slightly confused by ST holders on here that are saying they will give up the ST due to the shift out of JHS. I can only guess that they don't get full value of the ST discount. I hope they aren't cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I am not sure that the 62% attendance of ST holders at the last Celtic game is an acknowledgement that they would welcome a Non OF ticket.

I didn't attend that game for a variety of reasons. It was midweek and on the TV. The 3rd reason was that the previous game at Firhill against them was such a horrible experience and I didn't want to experience it again so soon. Chances are that if the next games aren't on the TV and aren't potentially title winning for them, I will be there.

I am also slightly confused by ST holders on here that are saying they will give up the ST due to the shift out of JHS. I can only guess that they don't get full value of the ST discount. I hope they aren't cutting off their nose to spite their face.

OK I shouldn't assume 38% would be 100% in favour of a non Celtic/OF season ticket. Similarly you can't assume that all the 62% that turned up would not purchase one. To me it's all about giving the punter choice and the quoted figure of 38% is so obviously high that nobody could deny there's demand for such an option.

I don't usually go to OF matches at Firhill but am actually looking forward to once more sitting in the Main Stand.

In the event if I choose not to go to any of the OF games I'd be happy if there was a way of letting the club know that my seat was available for them to sell.

Every little helps. Someone else said that phrase.

If that proves to be the case how will the the Main Stand seating arrangements work? If Rangers are promoted and there are 2 home games against Celtic, there could be 3 or even 4 league games that will see ST holders moving to the main stand.

First come first served?

Get there early to find a seat without a pole obscuring the view?

Allocated a seat at random by the club? How communicated and what documentation?

Choose a seat having been shown the "big board" - always assuming you can make it to the offices?

Do it on-line - assuming you have access to the internet?

None of the above?

If that proves to be the case how will the the Main Stand seating arrangements work? If Rangers are promoted and there are 2 home games against Celtic, there could be 3 or even 4 league games that will see ST holders moving to the main stand.

First come first served?

Get there early to find a seat without a pole obscuring the view?

Allocated a seat at random by the club? How communicated and what documentation?

Choose a seat having been shown the "big board" - always assuming you can make it to the offices?

Do it on-line - assuming you have access to the internet?

None of the above?

I would hope, as I mentioned earlier, that the club will replicate, as well as possible, the JHS layout in the MS, so as to create a continuity.

As others have said, they sit in the same seat every year, as part of their match day experience is sharing it with those sitting beside/behind/in front of them.

The club could really fck this up, depending on how they treat ST holders here. If you are going to move two thirds of fans, who pay their admission price upfront. You better have a bloody good plan in place!

• Members

Sorry but that would be lunacy PT. If I was told I had to sit at a particular seat in the Main Stand and it was a seat behind one of the posts I would be far from happy! Anyone would. Both stands should be a free for all.

I've said elsewhere, I intend to sit up the back in the middle of the North Stand for these games rustling my sweetie papers in between sitting stern faced with my arms folded and only occasionally shouting to moan about one of our players! And woe betide anyone that stands in front of me blocking my view!!!

I would hope PT is right actually. If you go on the online booking system, it seems like seats with an obscured view are marked, so the club must know which seats are worst affected. As a result, the club could do what PT says but skip the seats with an obscured view.

I would hope PT is right actually. If you go on the online booking system, it seems like seats with an obscured view are marked, so the club must know which seats are worst affected. As a result, the club could do what PT says but skip the seats with an obscured view.

Either way, the club needs to tread very carefully. Just because the majority of folk who have provided a post on here are ok with it, doesn't mean season ticket holders are ok with it.

Just because a % of fans didn't attend the last one, doesn't mean that these games aren't treated as our biggest games and most looked forward to, by those that do attend.

Moving all the JHS season ticket holders and PATG into a hell hole of a stand, could end up being a real problem for the club.

There's been threads about how do we increase revenue etc recently. What the club are proposing is very short termist, and could have a detrimental effect for years to come.

At what point do our club eventually put our fans first, before money, but most of all, before the "old firm pound"?

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

OK I shouldn't assume 38% would be 100% in favour of a non Celtic/OF season ticket. Similarly you can't assume that all the 62% that turned up would not purchase one. To me it's all about giving the punter choice and the quoted figure of 38% is so obviously high that nobody could deny there's demand for such an option.

I gave my reason for not attending the last Celtic game. I would be interested in knowing what proportion of ST holders attended the Celtic games last season. I don't think you can take one instance and say that is standard.

Doesn't this give some of the North Stand boys an issue? I mean, surely the club are going to give priority to JH Season Ticket holders over walk ups for these games? The North Stand could be full of JH ST holders thus forcing NS walk up regulars to use Main Stand?

Confirmed. JH ST holders will be given priority for North Stand for OF games. Walk Ups will need to use Main

Stand if NS is full( unlikely?).

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Doesn't this give some of the North Stand boys an issue? I mean, surely the club are going to give priority to JH Season Ticket holders over walk ups for these games? The North Stand could be full of JH ST holders thus forcing NS walk up regulars to use Main Stand?

I'd be very surprised if that were the case.

@Chris_Jack89: #PartickThistle will not offer Jags fans a 'non Old Firm' season ticket. ST holders will be given free entry to LC R2 home tie next season

Will be interesting to see how the club market the free LC, as I've noticed St Mirren also offering a free LC game in their ST.

Surprised at what? The club looking after customers who pay up front over those who don't?

No, that people who normally pay at the gate, in the NS won't be able to get a ticket because of JHS season ticket holders.

It's an unlikely scenario, but you do, in a way raise a point, the NS atmosphere has been built on a stand where you want policy.

Which has allowed mates to stand together. Where will the JHS season ticket holders be placed, in the NS? Will it be in seats normally used by PATG Singers?

Will the club have a, you must sit in your allocated seat, policy, or will it be, stand where you want? And if so, how will NS fans react to having folk who have never used the NS, standing where they've been, for the last 3 years.

Edited by potty trained

Ah but hold on. Devil's advocate. I pay my ST up front. I also have to pay 25 quid to reserve my son's seat. You'll remember how most thought was fair enough? Well, we want the best seats available since we are being moved. There's another 6-8 people who sit with us. We all want to sit together. Surely we and other ST holders should get the choice of seats? That's what happens at away games. Why not Firhill? I mean, it's the least we could expect given the hassle we face?

Surely the NS guys will be supportive of that? Why wouldn't they be? All in it together and all that?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Ah but hold on. Devil's advocate. I pay my ST up front. I also have to pay 25 quid to reserve my son's seat. You'll remember how most thought was fair enough? Well, we want the best seats available since we are being moved. There's another 6-8 people who sit with us. We all want to sit together. Surely we and other ST holders should get the choice of seats? That's what happens at away games. Why not Firhill? I mean, it's the least we could expect given the hassle we face?

Surely the NS guys will be supportive of that? Why wouldn't they be? All in it together and all that?

Has there been a guarantee that you'll "get the best seats". You may want them, but you'll probably not get them. what happens if you are near the end of the alphabet on their mailing list, letter Q, for example, and you end up in row A?

Do you complain that folk with an A or B surname got the best seats?

It's a can of worms they've opened, that's for sure. But it's all in the name of money for the club, and folk have bought into it.

It will be first come first served for ST holders surely. Best available seats. IMO all of the seats in the NS are better than the Main stand. We have an electronic ticketing system that means it's easy to administer and respond. So the question remains. Should Season Ticket holders be allowed to chose where they watch OF games? At the very mimimum which stand? Difficult to argue against it. So the NS guys will be supportive right? Even if the end up on the Main Stand as a result? hypothetically...

It will be first come first served for ST holders surely. Best available seats. IMO all of the seats in the NS are better than the Main stand. We have an electronic ticketing system that means it's easy to administer and respond. So the question remains. Should Season Ticket holders be allowed to chose where they watch OF games? At the very mimimum which stand? Difficult to argue against it. So the NS guys will be supportive right? Even if the end up on the Main Stand as a result? hypothetically...

Well, I'm quite sure you won't have an issue getting a NS seat, mate.

ST holders are being allowed to watch the game where they want, how many season ticket holders do we have? 1500 or something like that

How many seats in the NS? 2100 is it?

That leaves 600 empty seats, for PATG fans.

Of course, that's assuming that everyone agrees with you that the NS is better than the MS.

Incidentally, how can you have first come first served, and put mates beside each other?

Edited by potty trained

Well, I'm quite sure you won't have an issue getting a NS seat, mate.

ST holders are being allowed to watch the game where they want, how many season ticket holders do we have? 1500 or something like that

How many seats in the NS? 2100 is it?

That leaves 600 empty seats, for PATG fans.

Of course, that's assuming that everyone agrees with you that the NS is better than the MS.

Incidentally, how can you have first come first served, and put mates beside each other?

How does it work at away games ?