Celtic 09/08/15 Match Thread

potty trained

I'm lucky in that I have a ticket for where I always stand. Directly behind the goals, back row.

Same. I usually stand within a couple of spaces of my allocated seat anyway.

According to the ticket website we have sold less than 600 tickets for the north stand so I don't expect there to a problem. All the JH stand guys that I know are going in the main stand.

I'm quite optimistic about this one. Like others I'd be inclined to play Osman, Bannigan and Welsh in the middle of the park. The danger is that without a more attacking central midfielder like Stevenson, Doolan/Pogba may end up quite isolated. I can see Archie playing Stevo on the flank for this one.

So, Elliott still out, Amoo joining him on the sidelines, Pogba likely to start on the bench, Lawless back and Seaborne back in contention.

So the team for me...

Cerny

Miller - Hendry - Lindsay - Booth

Welsh - Osman - Bannigan

Stevenson - Lawless

Doolan

Scully, Seaborne, Wilson, Fraser, Leyden, McDaid, Pogba.

Given the original reasoning that deemed our city rivals were not to be trusted being housed in the Main Stand, does anyone else find the graphics we're using to advertise this match just a wee bit ironic?

I suspect the graphic could equally be a representation of the use of a powerful deodorant - certainly, perhaps, as appropriate as any notion of smoke bombs which these people are notorious for attending games with.

As regards the game - last season was 0-6, 0-1, 0-3, and 0-2 - we really lived up to the old joke "Partick Thistle nil" - would quite like a goal on Sunday if only for novelty value, although I suspect 1-0 or 1-1 would be much too much to hope for.

Edited by JeanieD

Does any Thistle fan want a ticket for this? Maybe to bring along a lapsed fan? My wife is getting induced on Sunday for our first kid so the game is out for me. I've a ticket for Main Stand due to my season ticket being in Jackie Husband.

Due to the above I'm expecting 2-0 victory as I'll miss it.

For match. Seabourne for Frans. Lawless for Amoo. If possible have Osman, Bannigan and Welsh in midfield with Welsh in forward position. (Not even sure if he can play there to be honest).

I've been there myself. Just because she's getting induced doesn't mean the baby will be imminent . Can still be an all day event. Tell her to get a grip and get yourself to firhill

@ThistleTweet: A limited number of @celticfc end tickets are available to buy from the office between 10 & 1 today. ID including address required.

So Thistle are selling off Celtic end tickets to unregistered supporters? When we take a block of tickets from Celtic we are liable to pay for unsold tickets, I assume that Celtic didn't take our offer of the full JHS.

As per usual no-ones giving us an earthly tomorrow, plus ca change. Don't really know what to expect tomorrow, as I've not actually seen us play for one reason or another. As the old cliche goes, our season will not be judged on matches against Celtic. However, we really have to put a marker down for the rest of the season with a good performance and who knows a victory.

Any attempt to predict a result would be pointless as even if we were predictable, I've absolutely no idea of how we'll perform in this match. Pity some in the media don't adopt a similar attitude!

I've been trying to contact the club about picking up my ticket for tomorrow, but there is no one available. I saw on the site that the office will be open until 10 o'clock on Sunday to buy tickets, I already have mine bought and want to know if I have to be there before 10 o'clock to pick it up or can i leave it until closer to kick off.

I've been trying to contact the club about picking up my ticket for tomorrow, but there is no one available. I saw on the site that the office will be open until 10 o'clock on Sunday to buy tickets, I already have mine bought and want to know if I have to be there before 10 o'clock to pick it up or can i leave it until closer to kick off.

In the same boat. When I paid for my tickets on the phone I was clearly told that I could pick them up anytime right up to kick off. Think the 10am deadline is for purchasing tickets.