Matchday Experience

tamjag_uk

I had no problem with moving my seat from the Jackie Husband (season ticket holder)

In a perverse way I looked forward to sitting in the Excellent Main Stand as I had a season ticket there in the 1980's....what I do object to is arriving at 11:30 for unreserved seating..finding the best seats for the 5 of us right on the halfway line with unrestricted views of both goals..... then 15 minutes before kick off being told (and the 4/5 rows around us) we had to move to accommodate the players friends/family and ambassadors.

No indication of an issue when we arrived, no area cordoned off.... just more pissed off home supporters.

Was it a penalty... no idea..big pillar in my way.

Tam

I had no problem with moving my seat from the Jackie Husband (season ticket holder)

In a perverse way I looked forward to sitting in the Excellent Main Stand as I had a season ticket there in the 1980's....what I do object to is arriving at 11:30 for unreserved seating..finding the best seats for the 5 of us right on the halfway line with unrestricted views of both goals..... then 15 minutes before kick off being told (and the 4/5 rows around us) we had to move to accommodate the players friends/family and ambassadors.

No indication of an issue when we arrived, no area cordoned off.... just more pissed off home supporters.

Tam

The seating plans were as well organised as the startimg line up...

Annoying being told to move seat when I'd been there for a while? Yes. What was worse is the Thistle suited person walking up to the steward, telling him to get us shifted then bolting (said steward advised he had asked earlier if any seats were to be kept clear, he was told no). If you've made a mess of something, face the fans yourself & ask them to move, don't tell a steward & run away.

• Like 5

Annoying being told to move seat when I'd been there for a while? Yes. What was worse is the Thistle suited person walking up to the steward, telling him to get us shifted then bolting (said steward advised he had asked earlier if any seats were to be kept clear, he was told no). If you've made a mess of something, face the fans yourself & ask them to move, don't tell a steward & run away.

I wasn't moved but I was in the back row and watched it happening thinking the exact same thing. For what it's worth I thought the steward dealt with it well considering. He then had to deal with more shite after half time when folk came back out and decided to sit in different seats in the same bit.

Got my ticket for the main stand through having a season ticket, bought one for my daughter but the turnstile numbers were different, one for the city end and one for the north end of the main stand, steward wanted us to enter the ground at the two most furthest points and meet up inside, we tried applying common sense logic but to no avail.

Fortunately the turnstile operator heard what was happening and told the steward to let us in.

Thank God for someone with commom sense

Tam

Same here.

I walked in at 11:40 to ensure I got to choose seats and make the best of a bad situation.

Saw the steward and asked him if it was sit anywhere, including the padded seats behind the directors box.

He said he had asked and was told unkitted players and family were to be in the area, but no-one had told him numbers so he was keeping the first two rows free. Seemed very sensible.

Then at 12:15 we were told we would have to move. We refused. There's no way I was getting papped out my seat in the JHS to be told by the club to get in early to get where we wanted to sit, then ask a steward nearly an hour before kick off to be moved agin with 15 mins to go. The suited guy eventually relented but I could see him with his head in his hands as it started filling up.

What happened was that around 20 people stood at the back and had no seat at all which I thought was a breach of health and safety regulations for that stand.

Utter shambles - and not unexpected since this was announced. Latest in a constant stream of admin **** ups.

I don't blame the steward at all. Seemed he had done the sensible thing but yet again organisation left a lot to be desired.

And I hated being in that stand. The pillars and seat space were terrible.

Edited by 1876Jag

Same here.

I walked in at 11:40 to ensure I got to choose seats and make the best of a bad situation.

Saw the steward and asked him if it was sit anywhere, including the padded seats behind the directors box.

He said he had asked and was told unkitted players and family were to be in the area, but no-one had told him numbers so he was keeping the first two rows free. Seemed very sensible.

Then at 12:15 we were told we would have to move. We refused. There's no way I was getting papped out my seat in the JHS to be told by the club to get in early to get where we wanted to sit, then ask a steward nearly an hour before kick off to be moved agin with 15 mins to go. The suited guy eventually relented but I could see him with his head in his hands as it started filling up.

What happened was that around 20 people stood at the back and had no seat at all which I thought was a breach of health and safety regulations for that stand.

Utter shambles - and not unexpected since this was announced. Latest in a constant stream of admin **** ups.

I don't blame the steward at all. Seemed he had done the sensible thing but yet again organisation left a lot to be desired.

Likewise. I guess we were neighbours, 1876Jag. I refused to move. We were told that seating was first come first served and even advised to get there early on that account. Besides the last people, tho' no disrespect to them, that I'm going to shift for are people that are there on freebees,

The other bit of nonsense was being told you couldn't get in various turnstiles due to your ticket numbering. A perfectly sensible idea to enable even distribution queuing when it got busy but not when there was no ******' queue in the first place. :)

• Like 1

This is utterly embarrassing and quite a shocking way to treat fans who have already been (quite literally) shifted about from pillar to post. The players families and friends were most likely not paying to watch the game - with circumstances surrounding the JH season ticket holders being moved, those people should have been told to turn up early for a good seat just like our paying ST holders were told.

This is so piss poor it's beyond belief.

I have to say as well, I salute those that refused to move when ordered. Had I been one of those players friends or family members I would have been utterly embarrassed that loyal ST holders were being moved to accommodate me.

It strikes me that really since One Thistle don't appear to be in the picture that the whole match day experience and perception of the board/admin has gone right downhill. I think that if the cooperation between the 2 groups was reinstated we would start to see the fans come back

• Like 1

It strikes me that really since One Thistle don't appear to be in the picture that the whole match day experience and perception of the board/admin has gone right downhill. I think that if the cooperation between the 2 groups was reinstated we would start to see the fans come back

After our promotion the club decided to recruit people on salaries to do the work that onethistle were doing for free. That's the Firhill logic.

• Like 1

There's seems to be an element of bitterness in some of these posts. Personally, my interactions with the club has been very good. I am sure that most supporters who have kids would say that the player zone is working pretty well and that the recent training day was a success(albeit should have been open to anyone).

As I've said on the NS thread, if the match day experience is being spread over so many groups and stands, it stands to reason that mistakes will be made.

Re best seats and comps. I think this is a difficult one. In some ways clubs have a reciprocal agreement there. It's standard practice. Not suggesting it's right though.

Actually I don't have any problem with the comps and seats.

The area is behind the directors box and I can understand why it would be sealed off. If it had been off limits I would have accepted it no problem.

But not under the circumstances, 15 mins before kick off after standing for the best part of 40 mins and getting turfed out off my seat in the JHS. No way.

The steward seemed to be the only one who had the foresight to ask the questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been trying to put the Dundee game on my Fan Card online. Jesus, that site is an impenetrable mess. Will have to phone the club, I guess.

I can put the games on no bother now. Turns out though that I have to collect a paper brief rather than use my card for entry. A shambles.

I can put the games on no bother now. Turns out though that I have to collect a paper brief rather than use my card for entry. A shambles.

I assumed that when it said I had to collect ticket that I had gone wrong. Clearly not. Crazy system and unintuitive software. If I was trying to sell something online, I would get software that didn't infuriate potential customers.

All 3(?) home games, my season ticket card hasn't worked. It's now becoming a running joke with the steward and clipboard guy.

Have you a season ticket card that has lapsed and now topping up on it? If so, that's what I have been doing and it turns out I have to collect a ticket when I buy a match ticket online. Only discovered this at the ticket kiosk at the Aberdeen game as I was in the JHS that day.