Falkirk Game

Auld Jag

As we want to do well in the cups i would be starting tomorrows game with the same team as we would be playing against Aberdeen.This will be a hard game and I don't think we should be experimenting.Also I hope the more times the players get on the park together we can get some rythym going.

Can I please say it. As this game is played to a conclusion this IS a must win game.

Agree with AJ. This should be a difficult game and I think we'll play a strong team. In a way we're fortunate as we can still freshen up the team without weakening it. That said perhaps Scully will play. It's fairly routine to switch goalies and makes sense to give your reserve keeper valuable game time.

I think Archie needs to play who ever he believes are his on form and therefore, first choice centre half pairing, and get them infront of Cerny.

If it's Frans & Seabo, so be it. Whoever it is needs game time, playing together and building their understanding.

Miller and Booth pick themselves.

I'd give Osman a rest, make sure he's fully fit for Saturday. And play Banzo and Welsh infront of the defence. Fraser infront of them allows the three to swap about throughout the game.

Amoo needs to get his eye in, have a game where he's the star of the show to build his confidence.

It gives Stevenson a rest, and means we have an attacking mid, right wing or centre forward ready to come off the bench, in one player.

Give Lawless the first half and let him and Amoo swap at will. give McDaid the second half.

Doolan to start up front.

It's hard luck on Scully, but that's part of the job being the 2nd choice keeper. Hard luck on the young lads at centre half. Neither has really shown themselves up so far. I'm confident with either or both in the starting 11.

Unfortunately Banzo is suspended from tonight's game, and Welsh is carrying a knock according to today's press. Therefore we may need to play Osman, although like others I would prefer to see him rested and raring to go against Aberdeen on Saturday.

I am not sure about having a great desire to do well in this comp, certainly not at he expense of league points, although a decent run would bring in some revenue for new players, so its a bit of a dilema for Archie.

Whatever team Archie plays should be better than anything Falkirk can muster, and by no means am I saying they are a bad side, it's just that if we impose ourselves on the game from the start like we did against Kille we will win.

I'd be going with:

Scully

Miller Lindsay Hendry Booth

Osman Fraser

Amoo Wilson McDaid

Pogba/Doolan

Archie has said he'll be taking this tournament seriously so I don't see him going with the same team as I. Would be nice to see a couple of the young guys get a chance. Lindsay and Hendry together since they've got a good understanding with each other and are both more than competent to handle Falkirk, like they did with Hamilton. Amoo needs games to build confidence and McDaid certainly did enough in his brief stint on Saturday to merit a start tonight. If Pogba is fit then give him 50-60 minutes to get some match fitness and bring Doolan on when he starts to tire.

If the midfield's weakened then I think McDaid could be preferred to Amoo, tho' I agree the latter needs game time to build confidence. A wee bit of a concern imo is that we need to start Miller and Booth. The lack of cover more or less determines those two play in every game and that's far from ideal. I doubt Archie would risk playing McInally, Penrice or McMullen. Potential definitely there in one player in particular but too early methinks.

Time to hit the road.

Tomáš Černý, Gary Miller, Daniel Seaborne, Callum Booth, Abdul Osman, David Amoo, Kris Doolan, Ryan Stevenson, Steven Lawless, Jack Hendry, Gary Fraser.

Subs: Ryan Scully, Frederic Frans, Liam Lindsay, David Wilson, Declan McDaid, Jordan Leyden, Mathias Pogba.