Just In Falkirk Horror

angry gaz

Atrocious performance against an average Falkirk side . Both management and Players should share the blame for that.

Did we have a shot on target, I don't think so. Ball retention -shocking , Passing -awful, Shape- non existent, Crossing- atrocious, Tempo- like an old crocks game, Desire-none.

Without doubt the worst performance under Archie by a long way. A total re think is required in how we approach the games and what style we play now. We are still trying to play like we have Higgy Sod and ATS in the side and it doesn't work. That was Dick Bunnet stuff tonight. No player seemed to know what their role was and absolutely no will to win.

The service to our striker is pathetic, we will never score like this, The real Pogba and the real Ronaldo couldn't score with that set up.I

The pace we play at is far too slow , we're inviting teams onto us . An easy win for a more motivated but average Falkirk side .

We have huge problems, no shots on target two games in a row?

A horrific performance

Edited by angry gaz
  • Like 2

The only way to describe that was a shambles.

I think we could have played until Saturday and still not scored let alone have a shot on target.

Every player should be taking a long hard look at themselves. They didn't even seem the least bit bothered that they were getting beat. There was no fight, no composure and no leader on the park. So many times the ball was with the defence and nobody was looking for the pass and not making any sort of movement.

Don't know how many times seabiscuit played a long cross field ball to nobody. The second half at least we had someone to hit but again still didn't work.

I'm struggling to think who would get pass marks tonight. Cerny, Hendry? That's the only ones that I can think of.

Stevo looks unfit and uninterested and really can't see what he offers to the team. Only issue is that we have no one else to fill his space.

Massive improvement needed for the weekend and over the next few games or we could find ourselves in trouble.

Let's just hope we can get a shot on target on Saturday and that will be an improvement on the last two games!

Im not often critical of Archie but the space between the striker and the midfielders is such a blatantly obvious problem it is unbelievable that it not being addressed. Doolan is great at holding and gathering the ball and Pogba win win enough knock downs but it means nothing if no one is coming in behind to pick up the secondary ball.

Lack of desire and pure laziness tonight .

Worst midfield performance for a long, long time. Fraser poor, Abdul awful, Lawless disappointing, Steveo terrible, Amoo... I'm running out of adjectives here....

Dools never combined with any of them and the full backs offered very little useful support.

2nd half better, but only because the hoof ball from the two centre backs (both of whom were pretty good at hoofing a ball, to be fair) to the big stripes napper of no.99 looked a bit more promising than the anodyne shotless pish of the first 45.

• Like 1

That will be the last time I am at Firhill for a long time I think. I’ve always been a massive active supporter of the club both home and away, but I don’t work 40+hrs a week so I can spend my hard earned money watching that utter crap!

Relegation stuff for sure. During our first season back in the SPL we lost a fair few games to say the least. But you could never fault the effort or entertainment value of the football we played. This season is the polar opposite. It is predictable nonsense week in week out from a management team who seem to have run out of ideas. We’ve lost a lot of crucial players over the summer, but the replacements look mediocre to say the least. Say what you like about Higgy’s motives, but Amoo looks honking. And I’m not scapegoating him by any means, as the whole team, bar a few, are equally culpable.

So call me a “doom merchant” all you like. But we are almost into September and barely managed double figures for attempts on goal. That coupled with only 2 goals scored, 2 red cards and out of a cup already makes me think this is going to be a dire season without major changes.

Absolutely shocking,the people in charge wonder why we are losing support,that tonight was a classic example of why!,we could have played all night and not scored.Trying hard to think of who if any get pass marks?.We just don't seem to have Savvy in how to change a game,counteract the opposition.Was quite surprised to read that AA blamed our losing the second goal to Kilmarnock because nobody knew who was supposed to cover Boyd at the corners!!!!

A desperately disappointing display. Perhaps it's unfair to pick out particular players, since I think only Černý, Lawless and Pogba earned their pay, but Seabourne was particularly alarming - slow, abysmal distribution, and every single passback to Černý targeted on goal. Just one slip or mistake, and there would have been another goal conceded without even a Falkirk player intervening. When combined with the slow Osman in defensive midfield, our whole centre was weak and incapable of retrieving anything.

When fullbacks overlapped, no-one came back from midfield to cover. :o This is real schoolboy stuff - not the play of professionals. After all, even I can see it! <_<

We know that our corners tend to be overhit. So where was the extra man out wide at the far side? Instead, we had a crowd of players (from both teams on the edge of the penalty box. I've seen more sophisticated amateur teams.

Do we accept that we're bound for the playoffs and try to strengthen the team using home-grown youngsters, or do we cut out the dead wood and try to sign untried youngsters?

When a team is turning out whose approach is to stop the ball to peer ahead and see where to punt it to up the park, then clearly we're not preparing for remaining in the top level. Either the team has to be stripped back to rebuild - which means deciding which players are key and only allowing the others to play off them - or all the players all have to go back to basics: passing in front of (instead of behind) teammates, making runs to cover space, etc. If we continue as we're going, then we're heading for the playoffs - and that only because Kilmarnock is so bad. Given a new manager at Rugby Park (and how long before that happens?), then it's perfectly possible that we're heading straight for the second tier again. :sad1:

Bit alarmed that both Frans on Saturday and Seaborne tonight are offering nothing going forward. Seaborne might be playing a percentage game with his long balls but it's a very low percentage he's playing. Cerny rolls the ball out to Seaborne presumably to start an attack from the back. Seaborne takes the ball three or four paces forward then punts it diagonally to no one in particular. **** me Cerny could just as easily have done that and saved us some time into the bargain. Ironic we were booing Falkirk for time wasting when we were doing kinda well in that department ourselves.

We played virtually the whole 2nd half as if we were in injury time punting hopeful balls looking for a defensive slip up. On the few occasions we returned to our tried and tested passing game we unfortunately went into slow motion mode. I counted only two attacking passing moves at pace both of which Fraser was heavily involved in. I wish he'd spend far more time involved with that sort of pacy link play and we might get somewhere.

Not my normal way but my nomination for scapegoat of the night goes to Stuart Bannigan. That idiotic red card at Parkhead has cost us dear. It's very difficult to imagine if he had played tonight our midfield would've been so non existent and he'd have tolerated so many unproductive long balls.

• Like 1

Oh, and do we really have to depend on this crossing lark? There are teams that survive in the Bundesliga without ever considering playing a winger or feeling the need to punt aimless high balls into the penalty box. (I had hoped I'd escaped the 1970s.)

Totally agree with that. Crossing form very wide areas is statistically very poor in its return for goals. I think I read that crossing from the shyline results in one goal per 30 crosses. Add the fact that our crosses are appalling too and it's an almost pointless exercise for us to continue the way we are. We need someone dynamic that can take the ball from midfield into the box. Our relegation battle has started now, no doubt about it. Archie has to re-energise this team.

Archie has to re-energise this team.

No excuses about last night, but that was a Dickie-esque performance. First the facts. The manager has had his budget slashed, lost several of his better players and had to replace them with inferior players (Cerny excepted) yet many people on here were still wishing that Celtic got beat last night so that they could say FTOF rather than our club pick up £150,000 (and before everyone says, every team in the top league would get it.....by the looks of it, we need it more than any other side!!) Falkirk were probably the hardest team we could have drawn and look at several of the other scores last night involving top team sides! Last night and Saturday was shocking. If you were watching that game as a neutral, you would think something was going on at the club and that the players wanted rid of the manager.....that's how piss poor it was. 6 competitive games and 5 of them we haven't even scored in or barely troubled the goalkeeper, tells its own story. Unless Archie can get a couple of motivational players in, in the next few days, I don't think we will even make the play offs this season. The manager is gonna have his work cut out to try and turn this round, even this early in the season. All the warning signs are staring us in the face!

Edited by Lindau

It's been coming. The alarm bells have been ringing for a while.

I think Archibald deserves immense credit for getting us up & keeping us up but with the exception of Cerny, Osman & now gone Higginbotham, he's been unable to replace McCall or Ratnamara's signings when they've gone

Seaborne looks finished I'm afraid. Time to give Lindsay an extended run.

We had a whole year to find s replacement for ATS yet it was 18minths before we got a left footed left back in who, IMO, gets caught ball watching too often defensively & offers is little in terms of his final ball.

Miller, I don't know what to say, I really don't. Again, the best of a year to replace SOD & best we come up with is a replacement from the PFA showcase game.

Where's our much vaunted scouting system?

Oh yeah, it's brought in Amoo....

The thing about it is, replacing the management team this time isn't going to make a difference as damage is done.

The majority of this squad not good enough for the championship. We're laboured, lack pace & as has been proven in the games we've played so far, mainly devoid of ideas in the final third.

Let's try 4-4-2 Sat. What have we to lose? On current form/formation it's likely Aberdeen will horse us!!

Who's the right back in development squad? Can't do worse than Miller. Or even Sean Welsh RB. Hendry & Lindsay CH for Sat. Osman, Banzo in middle with Amoo & Lawless playing as wingers.

Pogba & Doolan up top. Chances of this happening? Zilch.

Sat, Welsh, Frans & Bannigan come back in for the obvious candidates & we see the same dross.

No wonder we're haemorrhaging fans.

Poor.

I’ve said it a few times before, but the core of that 1st Division winning squad was built by Jackie McNamara, and with the exceptions, as mentioned above, of perhaps Higgy and Osman, Archie hasn’t been able to bring in players of that quality.

Under McNamara we would never have won the 1st Division with our awful away record; Archie fixed that. But I’ll throw my hands up and say that McNamara could find a player or two. And let’s not forget, guys like Balatoni were originally brought on loan from the McCall era.

When I look at woefully average guys like Miller and Amoo, when they are supposed to be direct replacements for SOD and Higgy, I can’t help but think that Archie could do better. Just my opinion.

I think Archie has had an exceptional performance as thistle manager. Getting us promoted , then keeping us up successive seasons. This now looks to be his hardest challenge but I am convinced he will not lack effort

Hopefully those who constantly complain about bannigan will now see how important he is to the team.

What was absolutely shocking for me was that the only encouragement of other players I saw on the pitch after the goal was from jack Hendry. I am sorry but osman might be good at his job in midfield but he is never a leader on the park. And that team needed leadership last night. None of the senior players offered it.

Stevenson spent much of the second half whilst he was on with his right arm raised in apology to whichever team mate he had failed to find with his latest pass.

The incredible thing - and this has little to do with budget constraints - was that when we resorted to lumping the ball forward, pogba won nearly every header, but the headers found no thistle player time after time after time. And yet we didn't seem to change anything to squeeze the midfield closer to the strikers.

Wilson for Stevenson seemed a strange substitution. Mcdaid (did he touch the ball in ten minutes) for Fraser even stranger.

So Archie is still the man for me, and the context of his budget constraints is of course valid, but he cannot escape criticism for some strange poor and ultimately unsuccessful tactical decision making last night.

I also just want to contemplate this budgets poor for a moment. The average home gate at St Johnstone is not vastly different to us. Their chairman ceased putting money into the club quite some time ago. Their playing budget though seems much higher than ours. Why is that? I sometimes think we default to accepting we don't have any money instead of asking why we have so little in comparison to similar clubs.

Hope this isn't too moronic colin?!

Edited by jaf

It was an atrocious performance. No doubt. Absolutely no point in making any defence of the manager in these circumstances. Best just to let the morons vent their spleen.

An 'atrocious performance' deserves a reaction. It's a pity that's more likely to come from the fans than the players on current form.

• Like 1