Just In-Dee Saster

angry gaz

Probably the best we've played this season and we can still barley muster a shot on target. The final ball isn't as much bad now as non existent. Massively worried for the rest of the season , would bite your hand off for the play off spot. Almost a carbon copy of the Killie game , great outfield play for the first 35 min and as the tempo drops we fade out and get caught buy a suker punch. Muirhead started off well but looked to me out of position playing wide. Mustapha was excellent and looks a find . He put in the one good cross of the day to Stevo who blew his lines . Abdul too looked like his old self again.

The set pieces and corners are a total joke . It's a huge part of the game and it looks like we pay zero attention to practising. Also , like the Killie game we were caught sleeping three times at free kicks to Dundee, we are lacking a leader at the back.

Liam Lindsay was very poor at the goal, he did just about everything wrong you could. Archie has a big decision here of whether to drop him or bring back Sebo. In my opinion he isn't quite ready and managers are targeting him to get their strikers one on one with him. He'll only improve with game time but even at this stage things are looking desperate and every point is going to be vital.

Got to work on the final ball and getting more players into the box. 10 games without a win is Gerry Collins stuff and also hardly a goal and barley a shot on target too is spelling disaster.

Edited by angry gaz

Much improved on most performances this season but the bottom line is another defeat. Confidence is key, if the team can avoid going negative it can turn if not it looks a long hard season.

The big disappointment today was Stevenson he was awful and unfortunately our two best chances fell to him. For one of our more experienced players we need much more, if he wonders why Archie halls him off as often then he need look no further than his performance today. No surprise their goal started from his error.

Can agree entirely on the free kicks/corners/ last third scenario.

Dundee looked VERY professional - we looked like happy amateurs. We did not gel as a team and that, hopefully , will come. The wee right back was sensational, Abdul played well and Booth wasn't bad at all. Doolan worked his socks off but got little help. The rest were pretty ordinary with the central defence giving me the creeps several times. How susceptible are we to through balls?

Is naive the word that sums up the whole?

I actually thought today's was a much improved performance. We looked bright for the first 30 minutes and created several chances. Should have been ahead by half-time. Dumbaya looked lively and took up positions higher up the pitch, stretching the play like SOD used to do. Muirhead also had a decent game, even though he faded in the second half.

I'm not denying that there is a lot to work on, but on another day we would have won this comfortably.

Can agree entirely on the free kicks/corners/ last third scenario.

Dundee looked VERY professional - we looked like happy amateurs. We did not gel as a team and that, hopefully , will come. The wee right back was sensational, Abdul played well and Booth wasn't bad at all. Doolan worked his socks off but got little help. The rest were pretty ordinary with the central defence giving me the creeps several times. How susceptible are we to through balls?

Is naive the word that sums up the whole?

One aspect of the game was that Dundee's substitutions influenced the game and ours didn't. Such a familiar pattern to see us dominating a team and the opposition changes formation or makes a sub and we fall apart. I think managers are doing there homework on our defence too and targeting young Lindsay. We are very , very one dimensional.

One aspect of the game was that Dundee's substitutions influenced the game and ours didn't. Such a familiar pattern to see us dominating a team and the opposition changes formation or makes a sub and we fall apart. I think managers are doing there homework on our defence too and targeting young Lindsay. We are very , very one dimensional.

When did we "fall apart"? There were 3 Thistle players fronting Stewart when he scored how is that targeting Lindsay.

We lost but don't make up inaccurate reasons for this, they took a chance we missed our best two, end off.

They have invested in the team comparisons of the bench confirm this, we brought on Amoo and McDaid who are simply not up to this level.

If young Lindsay is being targeted (which is a reasonable assumption) then what on earth are our two holding midfielders who are supposed to protect the central defence doing?

In the world of Match of the Day analysis, yes, they should. But that's not always possible when you're caught on the counter attack and your two DM's are supporting the front 4.

Banzo did his best to get back, but Lindsay stood off him far too long.

In the world of Match of the Day analysis, yes, they should. But that's not always possible when you're caught on the counter attack and your two DM's are supporting the front 4.

Banzo did his best to get back, but Lindsay stood off him far too long.

Ok thanks for that explanation - being a nomad we don't get to understand the full circumstances until the highlights go up.

Nevertheless, it's worrying that Lindsay is in some way being exposed in many games this season.

Ok thanks for that explanation - being a nomad we don't get to understand the full circumstances until the highlights go up.

Nevertheless, it's worrying that Lindsay is in some way being exposed in many games this season.

What gives you the impression he's being exposed?

We've had a torrid start to the season in this position. Players getting sent off, injured or sold have led to no continuity at all.

It takes time, it's still early in the season.

Relax.

We were unlucky to lose that game...but as a wise observer once said, at the end of the season, the good sides are at the top and the unlucky ones are at the bottom.

We actually played reasonably well, again starting strongly and failing to put away some good chances. It was a decent game with Dundee's front men causing a few problems and with both sides avoiding too many punts up the park. Once again it was a game we should have won but we have seen that movie too many times for anyone to be surprised that there wasn't a happy ending.

Cerny is a fine keeper and I was impressed by Dumbuya - sharp & smart in his passing & movement. Osman played well and Doolan still looks our best option up front. Lawless didn't really get going and Stevenson is mule slow - but both of them always look as if they might create something - the substitutes didn't. Amoo has shown very little so far and McDaid sadly out of his depth - he needs protecting from being in the side just now. I was a bit underwhelmed by Muirhead - moves broke down with him a few times, particularly when he gave away possession and they broke away for their goal. He needs games.

Lindsay seemed a bit less certain today - I'm becoming increasingly unconvinced by Frans and I have doubts about that partnership particularly as our midfield can get outnumbered and the opposition runs at our central defence.

Maybe I was deluded, but during the last two seasons, I never really thought we would be relegated because we had better players and were a better team than several others in the League. This year I am not so sure about that. There are worrying echoes of our second season last time in the top League when we lost very good players and their replacements were not up to standard. And as now, the Board then adopted a cautious financial approach which ended in two successive relegations and a disastrous loss of money and prestige.

A worryingly low crowd today - you couldn't argue with the Dundee fans observation on the size of the home support. I hate to think what it will be like if relegation paralysis has set in and we are actually playing badly on a freezing February night on a rutted pitch with Champions League games live on TV.

We need a boost from somewhere or someone - we are not that bad but there is a danger we could get detached and are not good enough to string a series of good results together.

i would like to think some Malaysian Betting Syndicate won big today on backing Willie Collum to get through a game without a card or penalty.

One of them should have stuck a foot in.

Not disagreeing but the counter goal was always on the cards. I counted maybe three previous occasions where we lost attacking initiative and seconds later we were chasing our tails. Had a few sherberts tonight but I thought their goal came from a counter after Muirhead just missed out on threading a ball thru to Doolan. Being wrongfooted isn't a sin and should always be looked on as a collective error if indeed it was an error. It happens at levels way above us and blaming the last line in defence is just too easy.

When did we "fall apart"? There were 3 Thistle players fronting Stewart when he scored how is that targeting Lindsay.

We lost but don't make up inaccurate reasons for this, they took a chance we missed our best two, end off.

They have invested in the team comparisons of the bench confirm this, we brought on Amoo and McDaid who are simply not up to this level.

They made two of their substitutions just before they scored , we made two of our substitutions after the goal.Our Subs were reactive. We should have been trying to change things long before then given that we hadn't had a shot on target in the second half. We dominated ,again , in the early stages of the game and again, as we always seem to do now ,cant sustain it , and get caught.We are a team that is easy to suss out .. Its a clear pattern. Liam did just about everything wrong he could in that situation, it is down to inexperience rather than ability, Dundee were obviously hitting long balls to hemmings feet almost the whole of the second half because the fancied his chances against our central defense. The next time Lindsay gets caught in that situation he will not be so naive.
  • Like 1

Did we get any shots on target in the whole game?

Did they hit long balls to Hemmings all game?

That'll be No and Yes it doesn't change the facts they changed their subs early because they could change like for like we changed because the first 11 never made the break through and we needed a "Hail Mary" pass.

Nothing to do with targetting Lindsay or not creating in the second half just down to the breaks during the game and The Jags not taking the best chances of the game, probably due to trying too hard rather than relaxing in front of goal.

Did we get any shots on target in the whole game?

Did they hit long balls to Hemmings all game?

That'll be No and Yes it doesn't change the facts they changed their subs early because they could change like for like we changed because the first 11 never made the break through and we needed a "Hail Mary" pass.

Nothing to do with targetting Lindsay or not creating in the second half just down to the breaks during the game and The Jags not taking the best chances of the game, probably due to trying too hard rather than relaxing in front of goal.

Sorry, just to be clear. You're saying we didn't have any shots on target.

Doolan overhead kick, tipped over by their keeper?

Stevie hit the woodwork twice.