Strathmore Post Match

homerjag

Unbelievable, tried to get into the Strathy after the game, only be told by the bouncer "No, we're too busy", despite the fact we'd all been in prior to the game and spoke to the staff about coming back in. Despite the fact we could blatantly see it wasn't full, bad man disagreed and while the discussion ensued, he welcomed other Jags fans in..........

Not a very good second impression.

Unbelievable, tried to get into the Strathy after the game, only be told by the bouncer "No, we're too busy", despite the fact we'd all been in prior to the game and spoke to the staff about coming back in. Despite the fact we could blatantly see it wasn't full, bad man disagreed and while the discussion ensued, he welcomed other Jags fans in..........

Not a very good second impression.

Wait till next time when there's no rugby on and see how keen they are to encourage Jags fans in. Why the feck do they need a bouncer anyway?

Was in the S & G before the U20s game the other night and a lad came in and mention he was charged £4.35 for a pint of lager in the Strathmore. I suppose it was a premium lager but seems rather OTT for Maryhill. btw does Stephan King own the premises?

If it's the Iona pub group then yeah.

Was in the S & G before the U20s game the other night and a lad came in and mention he was charged £4.35 for a pint of lager in the Strathmore. I suppose it was a premium lager but seems rather OTT for Maryhill.

btw does Stephan King own the premises?

4.35 quid?

Dear heavens.

I celebrated our victory today by watching the rugby with draft dark Budweiser at 1.80 Euro.

Where's Gary Peebles tackle when you need him.

Shocker. If delved into deeply enough, I think we'd find that there are covenants in existence which specify that the Strathy must only ever be a Thistle pub; must not have knuckle draggers sporting hi-viz coats in front of house; must under no circumstances not have the cheapest lager in Maryhill on sale; must have no fire safety limit; must never have Jags fans inside as a minority (strictly enforced on match days); must never be owned as part of a chain; and must provide sandwiches and sausage rolls, gratis, at or around 5pm on match days.

Wee Billy would never have let the place go to wrack and ruin like this. I give it another 6 months, tops.

Edited by Blackpool Jags
  • Like 1

Nice pint of Schiehallion pre match. £4.00 so not too bad.

Had a Tennents in the Aitken Suite after the game. It was not too bad either. Place was pretty busy with the eggby and the player zone and all the new balls to get signed by Tommy and Dan :)

The draft Half and Half in the Brass is the bee's knee's. Haven't been for a while though!

Sadly the Dark Budvar is hard to get now, so the half & half has bitten the dust! Shame as it was great!

We do, however, have a fine array of other delights (including a new lager from Fyne Ales - only place in Glasgow you can get it!), so you won't go thirsty...

No door stewards either & plenty of wallopers, so all welcome! Haha!

• Like 2

Sadly the Dark Budvar is hard to get now, so the half & half has bitten the dust! Shame as it was great!

We do, however, have a fine array of other delights (including a new lager from Fyne Ales - only place in Glasgow you can get it!), so you won't go thirsty...

My missus has been most impressed with all the special cocktails you've been doing over the summer!

I see that the old Crosslands is being done up as we speak with lots of wood panelling on the outside, apparently going to be another one of these trendy bars selling "gourmet burgers".

Sad to see these traditional working class establishments being replaced by these drab, identikit over priced corporate hang outs.

Quite sad when you speak to folk in their early to mid twenties who think every pub that's not owned by G1 is "full of jakeys" or "dodgy".

I remember my old man telling stories of the Strathmore being a great mix of Maryhill locals and students from the neighbouring halls every night of the week.

• Like 1

:lol:

I know that's a joke as Brass Monkey is a cracking boozer. Always good beers on tap and a decent crowd.