Possibly Tuffey Turnaround?

SirJohnLambie

McCall says the club have not recieved any offers for him but surely no-one needs to speak to Thistle, Tuffey (or more likely his agent) can discuss terms with other clubs since January...Saturday will be the last time we see JT as a Jag unfortunately :(

Delighted about the youths signing professional terms tho, is Burns contracted for next season?

I can see Rangers signing him and loaning back him to us, but not until they offload one of their existing keepers. Most likely MacGregor down south in the GK merry-go-round that looks like it's going to happen over the summer down there.

i reckon mcgregor will go to birmingham in the summer and they will have alexander as number 1 meaning that tuffey is the prime candidate to warm their bench.

id happily keep halliwell and have scully and reserve to be honest if we need another then a younger spl keeper could come in on loan as back up t bryn

Tuffey is away, McCall said there was no chance of him staying at the MTMN last week. As for Halliwell, I think McCall still wants someone else to be number one (McDonald/Adam/Hinchy's choice), but Halliwell could well be kept to challenge them, depending on his wage of course.

Hope the young guys aren't just being used as examples, eg 'look you can get a contract if you do well in the u-19s'. That's what it looked like with Little last season. Hope they supplement the 1st team squad next season & get their chance when needed, especially ahead of a risky loan deal.

Inverness will surely come in for him, after all Butcher said hes the best keeper in the division

I agree. Butcher actually said that it was the best goalkeeping performance that he had ever seen in his life, anywhere. A good move for Tuffers as well, nobody can complain.

Edit: having said that the h*ns would get him for hee haw so it's still possible

Edited by alx

Why do we not get any compensation if he moves to England?

Clyde raised a dispute over Tom Brighton moving to Millwall in the courts over compensation and Scott Fox (formerly of Celtic) was in the papers earlier in the season complaining that Celtic stopped him going to England due to excessive compensation demands.

I always just took what had been said at face value but it seems other Scottish clubs were willing to fight for compensation from English clubs.

Tuffey is away, McCall said there was no chance of him staying at the MTMN last week. As for Halliwell, I think McCall still wants someone else to be number one (McDonald/Adam/Hinchy's choice), but Halliwell could well be kept to challenge them, depending on his wage of course.

Hope the young guys aren't just being used as examples, eg 'look you can get a contract if you do well in the u-19s'. That's what it looked like with Little last season. Hope they supplement the 1st team squad next season & get their chance when needed, especially ahead of a risky loan deal.

Little had a great attitude and really wasn't that far short of making it. He's more or less an ever present with QP, so on balance I don't really think his inclusion was tokenism.

Where I was confused was with the number of centre halves/sweepers/right backs we had had at the start of the season and then even added to that list. Robbo, Kinniburgh, Archie, Maxie, Paton, Corrigan, Shields, McNamara even Adams. If he had stayed the distance just when and where was Little ever going to get a game?

Why do we not get any compensation if he moves to England?

Clyde raised a dispute over Tom Brighton moving to Millwall in the courts over compensation and Scott Fox (formerly of Celtic) was in the papers earlier in the season complaining that Celtic stopped him going to England due to excessive compensation demands.

I always just took what had been said at face value but it seems other Scottish clubs were willing to fight for compensation from English clubs.

I'm not entirely sure on this, so await correction, but I think if a player moves to another club in the same country then training compensation applies to players under 24, but if he moves to a club in a different country (or different FA) then it only applies if the player is under 23.

McCall says the club have not recieved any offers for him but surely no-one needs to speak to Thistle, Tuffey (or more likely his agent) can discuss terms with other clubs since January...Saturday will be the last time we see JT as a Jag unfortunately :(

Delighted about the youths signing professional terms tho, is Burns contracted for next season?

I think - not sure but I think this is the case - that our compensation if he goes to an SPL club is partly based on whatever deal we've offered him. So it makes sense, providing I didn't just imagine this, to offer him a decent deal even if there's no chance of him taking it. (Mind you, we get nothing if he goes down south I believe.)

Edited by Mr Bunny

I think - not sure but I think this is the case - that our compensation if he goes to an SPL club is partly based on whatever deal we've offered him. So it makes sense, providing I didn't just imagine this, to offer him a decent deal even if there's no chance of him taking it. (Mind you, we get nothing if he goes down south I believe.)

Yeah thats my understanding of it too, but I cant see us offering him too much tho, the Board would be feart he might sign it :unsure: