Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

it is foolhardy to make judgements on signings before they have even you have saw them. However I am disappointed by only two new additions. Lack of money will be the reason for this as I am sure Archie would have wanted one or two more.

Does not take a genius to work out that goal scoring is a big issue for us. Got to hope that the two we did bring in will help.

Also a big worry is any injury to Cerny, Seaborne, or Osman could be a disister. I hope that there is still money to spend and we are looking at out of contract player. I know you could say this about any team but I feel we are particularly ill prepared to cope without any that I mentioned.

Don't understand the criticism of Celtic. Deila clearly feels he is not ready for the celtic team so its far better for him to be playing at this level gaining vital experience. This is a good move for Nesbitt.

I wish we would put out more players on loan - Archie clearly feels he doesn't have the squad size to do this but it will hamper the development of players. Archie has said as much before.

Calm down, dear.

We have signed two attacking players - just as many people expected/hoped. They both may be unproven but if they weren't then we would be unlikely to be signing them.

An injury to Cerny? If Cerny got injured we have two more than capable back up goalies. Seaborne? Same goes for the centre half position. And we have plenty of cover in midfield should Osman get injured.

Also bizarre how you can bemoan the lack of squad cover then also want us to shunt players out on loan?

• Like 1

Strangely the guy Celtic have loaned in from Man City scores the next (cracking) goal in the video!

Don't understand why they're loaning out Nesbitt & taking a loan themselves. No wonder Scottish talent struggles to break through. Poor from them, could be good for us, short term.

No, I don't understand the rationale either. But if it's good for us then by logic it must be good for the player and in turn that would be good for Celtic.

There may be longer term benefits for us. Both of the OF have a track record of dumping their talent before they get a good chance in their first team, so there is a chance that Nesbitt could become available at some time in the future. If he has a good time with us then who knows, but it might give us an advantage.

I admit that he does look a bit better than your average, so he could well make it in the East End, but there is always the chance.

I'll beat y'all to it and proudly admit to being an "Archie-Fan-Boy", but honestly I'm quite excited by these two signings.

German is a bit of an unknown quantity, however, a little research suggests to me he may be a bit of a casualty of the big money stakes at the top down south.

A brief look at his stats, and they don't look too impressive. However, he left QPR, his contract cancelled with a year left to run, just as they entered the Premier league while still under 20 years old having scored 2 league (Championship level) and one league cup goals in about 5 starts and 15 or so on the bench.

Since then, it appears to me, he's been shunted about the loan system by ambitious parent clubs, Brentford and Gillingham, both of whom have been challenging for titles or settling into promotion while he's been on their books.

Could be he just needs the right opportunity, the right level to show a bit of ability and consistency..... Could be a chump , but, Give the guy a chance I don't think he's had a fair one yet.

As for Nesbitt... Anyone who scores a hatrick in the youth cup final has got to be considered as possibly one of the brightest young prospects in the Scottish game. Even if he doesn't make an impact in our first team his presence in the squad should surely serve to inspire and encourage our home grown talent... right?

:fan:

• Like 1

Excellent post chewingumacaroonbaaz (magic shed name too) and I really struggle with folk who criticise and complain before they have even seen folk play for the club when they support Partick Thistle.

In Archie & Shaggy we have a really good management team who seem to be able to get the best out of their players, after 3 or 4 full/part seasons across 2 divisions it's absolutely now very much their own team and I think they have continued to develop the club, most transfers have been good and those who haven't fitted in don't tend to stay too long. We are still playing decent football most weeks and competing well against clubs with bigger reputations and most likely bigger budgets too.

I'm happy we have Archie & Shaggy and can't think who I'd rather have at the helm.

Strangely the guy Celtic have loaned in from Man City scores the next (cracking) goal in the video!

Don't understand why they're loaning out Nesbitt & taking a loan themselves. No wonder Scottish talent struggles to break through. Poor from them, could be good for us, short term.

I put it down to the Scottish cringe: "If he's not Scottish, he must be better." It permeates many walks of life.

Calm down, dear.

We have signed two attacking players - just as many people expected/hoped. They both may be unproven but if they weren't then we would be unlikely to be signing them.

An injury to Cerny? If Cerny got injured we have two more than capable back up goalies. Seaborne? Same goes for the centre half position. And we have plenty of cover in midfield should Osman get injured.

Also bizarre how you can bemoan the lack of squad cover then also want us to shunt players out on loan?

Results show that when we have been missing the players I mentioned above our results take a big dip.

We have nobody to capable of playing the role Osman does - where you at the Dundee game?

Lindsay and Frans were not great together - no leader. We have stopped leaking goals When Seaborne came back into the team. He is our best defender by far.

I would like to put young players out on loan that at present time short of the standard to play at this level. Taking a chance doing this regarding cover for injuries but if we want to develop young player then that's what we need to do although good chance Nisbet will still go on loan.

Results show that when we have been missing the players I mentioned above our results take a big dip.

We have nobody to capable of playing the role Osman does - where you at the Dundee game?

Lindsay and Frans were not great together - no leader. We have stopped leaking goals When Seaborne came back into the team. He is our best defender by far.

I would like to put young players out on loan that at present time short of the standard to play at this level. Taking a chance doing this regarding cover for injuries but if we want to develop young player then that's what we need to do although good chance Nisbet will still go on loan.

So what you're saying is that when our best players are missing we aren't quite as good? Is there a team in the world who aren't exactly the same? What exactly do you expect?

We already have a number of our young players out on loan. Again, I'm genuinely not sure what your point is.

Aren't you the same guy who wanted another one or two centre backs brought it during the summer as Liam Lindsay apparently wasn't ready yet?

So what you're saying is that when our best players are missing we aren't quite as good? Is there a team in the world who aren't exactly the same? What exactly do you expect?

We already have a number of our young players out on loan. Again, I'm genuinely not sure what your point is.

Aren't you the same guy who wanted another one or two centre backs brought it during the summer as Liam Lindsay apparently wasn't ready yet?

Ive got a feeling he's the same guy that wanted Ryan McGivern in to replace ATS a few season back.

He has a point re Osman, as we've no other midfielders that play the same role as him and will always struggle of he's out, but I think Frans and Lindsay together would be absolutely fine if Seaborne is out. And there's a good possibility of some more of the younger players going out on loan so not sure what he's saying there.

I think the point is that we are lacking quality cover in certain areas. We lack a defensive midfield player - when Abdul's been out we've suffered. We also lack an extra, decent experienced centre back. We couldn't manage a centre back on the bench yesterday. I also think we're short of one centre forward. Surely, in an ideal scenario, you want, at least 3 solid options fighting for their place in a position. Not 'make dos' This lack of squad cover shouldn't be a surprise to you: Archie stated at the start of the season he was hoping to have quality over quantity. It's a a bold, if not ideal move.

I wonder if the signing of A. German might provoke a reaction from Pogba - appears he did well when coming off the bench last night - competition might give his Firhill "career" some impetus.

Good point. Same could be said of Amoo who showed more drive last night than we have seen previously.

I think the point is that we are lacking quality cover in certain areas. We lack a defensive midfield player - when Abdul's been out we've suffered. We also lack an extra, decent experienced centre back. We couldn't manage a centre back on the bench yesterday. I also think we're short of one centre forward. Surely, in an ideal scenario, you want, at least 3 solid options fighting for their place in a position. Not 'make dos' This lack of squad cover shouldn't be a surprise to you: Archie stated at the start of the season he was hoping to have quality over quantity. It's a a bold, if not ideal move.

A major potential worry that nobody seems to have picked up on is the lack of natural cover for Callum Booth. If he gets injured or suspended then we are goosed for a natural left back short of taking Banzo out of the midfield, something which is to be avoided at all costs.

Before anyone says it, Christie is not an adequate solution other than in an emergency during a game. He is not a full-back, and he's certainly not a left-back.

Has Gary Miller any previous at left back?

• Like 1

A major potential worry that nobody seems to have picked up on is the lack of natural cover for Callum Booth. If he gets injured or suspended then we are goosed for a natural left back short of taking Banzo out of the midfield, something which is to be avoided at all costs.

Before anyone says it, Christie is not an adequate solution other than in an emergency during a game. He is not a full-back, and he's certainly not a left-back.

Has Gary Miller any previous at left back?

Elliott is a safer shout at left back than Bannigan.

I'd like to think Miller would be fine switching flanks but have no knowledge if he's prior experience.

I think it's a fair point. Never really understand where people get the idea that Christie is a full back from. How often has he actually played there? Bannigan can do it but he's essential in the middle. Fortunate so far that Booth has been so reliable, and fit.