Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

Archie confirming in his after match interview that we were hoping to make a signing on Monday however the player has opted to go to another club, didn't mention who the player was and that it was back to the drawing board.

The game against Dundee will see us without Osman, Edwards and probably Fraser as well as Stevenson, which may not affect the starting 11 (Osman apart) too much however makes the bench pretty lightweight. Hopefully we get some new recruits by then.

Archie confirming in his after match interview that we were hoping to make a signing on Monday however the player has opted to go to another club, didn't mention who the player was and that it was back to the drawing board.

The game against Dundee will see us without Osman, Edwards and probably Fraser as well as Stevenson, which may not affect the starting 11 (Osman apart) too much however makes the bench pretty lightweight. Hopefully we get some new recruits by then.

This seems a familiar story. Disappointing.

Little to no chance of Bannigan being here next season.

Tend to agree, he's playing the best football of his career, in my opinion. Like Cairney, Paton and Erskine before him.

All the club can do is offer him a contract, if he knocks it back, fair enough. He owes us nothing and has been a great servant. Celtic fans that I know were very impressed with him, Osman and Lindsay yesterday. Personally the main one I want signed up is Cerny!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

So we went from having a player ready to come in and all tied up to he has chosen to go somewhere else, happens quite a lot to us.

Maybe some of these things have to do with increased use of social media. I've no idea but I really don't understand why we're constantly fed either info about some potential mystery signing and/or news of knockbacks. I can't see what good it does but I can certainly see how it could be harmful.

Did Archie say the deal was tied up, or was it fans?

All Archie has said that he wants to bring n two players and has targets identified , then that one of the targets will go elsewhere

Funny we want to know a minute by minute account of who might be coming then complain this puts players off ?!!

All Archie has said that he wants to bring n two players and has targets identified, then that one of the targets will go elsewhere

Funny we want to know a minute by minute account of who might be coming then complain this puts players off ?!!

That's as much as he needs to tell us. If nothing transpires, or it's late January before we make a signing, only the thickest of thick amongst us will not know we've struggled to bring in targeted player(s). We don't need to know that Mystery Player A has turned us down and we're now looking at Mystery Player B and so on. There's no way that imparting that knowledge can do any good and it just could do harm. Not greatest PR to voluntarily impart negative publicity.

• Like 1

That's as much as he needs to tell us. If nothing transpires, or it's late January before we make a signing, only the thickest of thick amongst us will not know we've struggled to bring in targeted player(s). We don't need to know that Mystery Player A has turned us down and we're now looking at Mystery Player B and so on. There's no way that imparting that knowledge can do any good and it just could do harm. Not greatest PR to voluntarily impart negative publicity.

Besides, what would Mystery Player B think if he discovered that he was second choice ? As much as I would like to have minute by minute detail as a supporter, I am fully in support of the Thistle management holding their cards very close to their chest.

I would be surprised if its only two players we bring in.

I wouldn't, unless some of the fringe younger players go out on loan (McDaid, Nisbet, Wilson etc) The only real position we don't have covered is left back. With Muirhead away and the likelihood that Stevo will be away for the rest of the season, they are the two we need to replace. Ryan Edwards is only away for a few weeks and hopefully Gary Fraser can get himself fit!

Edited by Lindau

I wouldn't, unless some of the fringe younger players go out on loan (McDaid, Nisbet, Wilson etc) The only real position we don't have covered is left back. With Muirhead away and the likelihood that Stevo will be away for the rest of the season, they are the two we need to replace. Ryan Edwards is only away for a few weeks and hopefully Gary Fraser can get himself fit!

Linford is now back in training, so we will have left back covered once he is back up to speed. Like you, I can't see more than 2 coming in, unless we have some departures.

Linford is now back in training, so we will have left back covered once he is back up to speed. Like you, I can't see more than 2 coming in, unless we have some departures.

Yep, he has been out for so long I forgot about Christie. He will be a big player for us when back as he can fill a lot of positions