Hamilton

King Kenny

He's got the same number of points this season as Archie. Just saying.

Aye, but Canning took over a side who were 3rd in the league half way through the season, finished 7th, then in the next season had them sitting 10th, having gone out both cup competitions to lower league sides (one of which is arguably the worst result for a top flight side in the modern history of the cup) and without a win in 8 matches, having conceded 4 or more goals 6 times this season.

Pretty clear to see he's not doing a very good job. I hope he stays on though.

If we turned up at celtic, minus a few key players and performed like we did on saturday, we're more than capable of shipping eight.

But we didn't.

Hamilton will always pick up points here and there at home due to their lottery of a pitch. As long as we keep doing our job, what they do will hopefully be irrelevant.

The dreaded 'vote of confidence from the board'. They play Hearts on Saturday, so it's difficult to see anything other than another tanking. There's only another week of the transfer window left, so if they're going to get rid of him it doesn't leave a lot of time to get someone in who can also get new players in.

It's incredibly tight down there now. The breathing space isn't there because you have 1 team isolated at the bottom who are almost certainly going to stay there, much like Hearts did 2 years ago. Last season County, Motherwell and St. Mirren were battling it out to avoid 12th place until relatively late in the season, meaning that the teams immediately above them had a bit of breathing space. 40 points is USUALLY enough to avoid relegation in any given season, but the exceptions to that rule of thumb can arise when one team at the bottom are so bad and the teams above them pick up some points. In season 04/05 we were relegated from the 1st division with 39 points, I think the team directly above us was Hamilton with 45.

I've said previously that 40 points should be the target but with all the teams involved taking points off each other, now I reckon there's a good chance that 40 might not be enough to avoid 11th at all.

It's incredibly tight down there now. The breathing space isn't there because you have 1 team isolated at the bottom who are almost certainly going to stay there, much like Hearts did 2 years ago. Last season County, Motherwell and St. Mirren were battling it out to avoid 12th place until relatively late in the season, meaning that the teams immediately above them had a bit of breathing space. 40 points is USUALLY enough to avoid relegation in any given season, but the exceptions to that rule of thumb can arise when one team at the bottom are so bad and the teams above them pick up some points. In season 04/05 we were relegated from the 1st division with 39 points, I think the team directly above us was Hamilton with 45.

I've said previously that 40 points should be the target but with all the teams involved taking points off each other, now I reckon there's a good chance that 40 might not be enough to avoid 11th at all.

Very true. There are just 8 points between Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone, so nobody can afford a bad run. I expect that the team ending 6th will have fewer points than the team in 11th.