Motherwell Game.

Auld Jag

The game being off yesterday will hopefully mean that the pitch should be ok for Tuesday night.This is a game we need to win.Iknow we have 3 games in hand but until we get points of of these games they give us no advantage.It is hard to know what the team will be as surely we will sign somebody before the window closes.

Why sign someone and not announce it?

Id guess at the fact that with the LC semi finals there wouldn't be much media interest so maybe wait until you could get more coverage out of it. Press conference Monday to preview Tuesday game so I guess we will get an update then on potential new signings

Id guess at the fact that with the LC semi finals there wouldn't be much media interest so maybe wait until you could get more coverage out of it. Press conference Monday to preview Tuesday game so I guess we will get an update then on potential new signings

theres no guarantee Tuesday's game will go ahead if there's the same problems with the pitch

Out of curiosity, whether true or not, why not let the club announce it?

i can see your point and apologise if this has caused offence. IMO the club should have announced it yesesterday when there was unhappiness about another game being cancelled and this would have given the support some good news. Also the signing had been going around football forums, Facebook and even The Sun since Friday. I'm afraid part and parcel of football forums is always going to be who will or won't sign. The post was also in response to the original posters query about signings being in place before the Motherwell game if that even goes ahead

i can see your point and apologise if this has caused offence. IMO the club should have announced it yesesterday when there was unhappiness about another game being cancelled and this would have given the support some good news. Also the signing had been going around football forums, Facebook and even The Sun since Friday. I'm afraid part and parcel of football forums is always going to be who will or won't sign. The post was also in response to the original posters query about signings being in place before the Motherwell game if that even goes ahead

TL, I honestly can't imagine the signing of a player, who in effect is very much an unknown quantity, would have come anyway close to countering the disappointment of yesterday's postponement. Also the Club have a policy of not announcing signings till all paperwork concluded. Given this lad has been playing in India there's perhaps some finalisation to be completed. Whatever, I just can't see why it's important whether we announce this signing yesterday, today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Aside from the club's policy noted above, the only other potential reasoning I can think of for holding the announcement would be if they expect something else, perhaps another new deal to be completed imminently and want to let it all out at once for maximum exposure. Even that's a stretch and probably more out of my own desperate hope of an Osman/Lawless resigning announcement to be honest.

Just watched the Dundee - Motherwell "highlights" on iPlayer (or whatever they were shown on). Outrageous penalty decision against Motherwell in the last couple of mins, hope they do not nurse a justifiable sense of grievance on Tuesday (although the almost certain postponement might give them time to reflect).

Very little chance of Tuesday going ahead.

Is that from official sources or based on the current weather|?

Of course forecasts can change quickly but atm it looks like gale force winds all day up to about 4pm with not that much rain. The wind could dry the pitch out. It will probably be a bit of a mess even if it does but it could be (theoretically) playable.

There's not much between United and us, so there has to be a prospect of a replay in the cup. With the fixtures already scheduled plus those needing arranged, we could be facing a protracted run of two games per week all the way up to the split, which with a thin squad is not too appealing. So let's hope they can get the game on.