Motherwell Game.

Auld Jag

YESSSSS!

Just back!!! how good was that?

We really deserved that, and they deserved nothing!

Bunch of moaners, surround the ref and mouth off at every decision.

Stay down after every tackle, then get up when Jags player booked.

Anyway, well done Jags - everyone played well, Abdul immense, when wee Stevie's

shot went in!! -sublime.

Bring on the Arabs!!

• Like 1

Shit game, but absolutely fantastic result. Two evenly matched sides. Pogba showed tonight that he can do a job for us. He really rummelled up the Well defence when he came on and gave us a real prescence up front. As far as football goes there ain't nothing better than a last minute winner, though even at that we nearly blew it with the header off the line.

What a finish to an uninspiring game. Clean sheet and the back 4 solid. Big Dan was excellent. The subs had an impact when they came on, fair play to the Pog who looked decent, held it up and laid it off well and looked a threat in the air.

There was a brilliant goal line clearance at the end from either Fraser or Miller.

Great to see the team pushing until the last.

What a result.

Despite my fears, the pitch didn't really play as bad as it looked.

Edited by Lionel J. Botch

We must have had a good transfer window as the BBC report originally said we put Paul Pogba on. However I see they've fixed it now. BBC up to its usual standards then.

Anyway, it was definitely cold. We weren't much cop, nor were they. We did improve as the game went on, however, with Pogba making a real difference. And we won, which was nice.

Dan and Abdul were immense.We couldn't get the football going but the work rate and effort were there. Slightly worried about our lack of creativity up front but I thought Archie made good positive substitutions that got us further up the park .Pogba had his best twenty in a Jags jersey,made a real impact.

Great result and way two win it after losing so many like that the last couple of seasons and to hear Kris Boyd greetin about the result on the car radio made it all the sweeter......and wtf were these wee ***** 'well fans up to in the stand.

• Like 1

At last. We win a game we didn't really deserve to. And with an injury time goal at that. Yes!

I used to bemoan that we never seemed to get fluky goals or lucky wins. However that's three of our last four home games settled in our favour by a somewhat fortunate late winner (deflected strike today, OG v. Ross and Stevo's final contribution v. Caley)

• Like 1

• Members

Pogba's best game for us so far without a doubt. Credit too too Lawless, even before he scored the goal he put in a tremendous amount of work, chasing back and helping out Miller, and then to cap the performance, scores the winner for the second time this season. Get him re-signed Archie!

Don't like saying it, but that ref was a fud.

However, I say we edged it and deservedly won despite his best efforts.

4-1 yellow cards is not a stat that gives a fair reflection of the game. I reckon 1-0 is. Neither side can claim to be the finished article, but both played to win but lacked a bit of cutting edge. Could have gone either way, but I think defeat would have been more harsh on us.

Elated by the result but bewildered and seething at our bookings, the multiple "last chance" chats with the 'Well players, and what looked like a couple of dives to me, one in the box.

Maybe still buzzin from the result, but all round decent team performance. Welsh can do much better, we know he's better than what he's producing right now. Thought that was probably the best we've seen from Pogba so far. And Stevie Lawless? Dundee's a Shitehole You're better at home!!!!

Nuff respec' for the Northy tonight. Were in good voice and the atmosphere was better than I expected.

Huge result with Hearts and Aberdeen next in the league.

Cup run might be fun.... but whatever.

In Archie I trust. ....

:fan:

It's f*ckin great being a Jags Fan.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 2

It felt like it had 0-0 written all over it tonight. A game of half chances but thankfully wee Lawless popped up at the end to win it. He was my man of the match. Also thought Amoo and Pogba, particularly Pogba, worked very well for us when they came on.

There were a few strange refereeing decisions tonight and my heart was in my mouth at Osman's foul (the one he stayed down for) - thought he was going off.

Great result.

Edited by ThickAsThieves
  • Like 1

The referee clearly misunderstood Yellow Card Giveaway. Atrocious performance.

What a truly horrible team Motherwell are. They deserved zero points.

We grafted. Defended resolutely right to the final whistle. Creativity needed, we know that and Archie is working on it. Three massive points.

Thought Booth was terrific tonight.

• Like 3

Pretty terrible game - picked up where we left off after the Inverness game. But we showed a lot of energy tonight, as we have done throughout the season. Cerny didn't have a save to make, and the fact we kept going at them up until the 95th minute (and scored) gives me hope. We can make the league table look a lot better, but the next three league games (Hearts away, Aberdeen home and St Johnstone home) aren't a pushover. However, we're due a decent performance v Jambos, we've got a point from Aberdeen and we've beaten St Johnstone so hope springs eternal.

And now, the Scotch Cup....

Dreadful game - great result.

Welsh must have some sort of dirt on the management team to keep getting a start. Another poor performance.

Don't understand the praise for Seabourne. Constantly gave the ball away and caught out of position several times, especially the time when he let the ball go past him not knowing the Well player was behind him.

Really hope Abdul signs a new contract.

Great result tonight and another clean sheet! Well done Jags!

On a related note, I can't help but notice the polarised journalism following tonight's result. It's no secret the BBC coverage and admiration of Thistle is questionable at best throughout the last few seasons:

BBC writes:

"A late deflected strike by Steven Lawless secured a vital win for Partick Thistle in their bid to avoid being dragged into a relegation tussle".

STV writes:

"Steven Lawless struck a stoppage-time winner to revive Partick Thistle's top-six hopes with a 1-0 victory over Motherwell".

• Like 7

Good to hear Gary Miller had a good game. Will probably end up leaving at the end of the season, despite being generally solid and doing very little wrong. Lucky to have guys like him and Frans as back up.

Two last minute winners at Firhill this season is changed days from our first and second season woes. We lack the goal threat of some of the teams around us, but give away so few goals that I think we'll be fine.

Not particularly relevant to this game but we've conceded the least goals away from home of any team in the league - 11 along with Celtic. An incredible achievement given our resources.

Can potentially push for the top six from here, given the two winnable games in hand at home, but would be happy with anywhere above 11th.

• Like 3