Steve Lawless

Lindau

He was offered a new contract ages ago was in the media beginning of January remember then Mixu tried to play games by offering him one at United when we were due to play them in the cup - Archie was talking at the time that we too had offered him one

Unfortunately so far it looks like he hasn't signed it

Brief article on ST tonight, in which he thanks Archie for standing by him and they revealed a new contract offer had been made to him. No idea whether it's the same one or an improved one!

after Saturday's poor result it would certainly be a boost if we could announce he had signed a new deal

Osman is the player more than any i'd like us to get tied up. I must say though i reckon hes gonna be off, more money elsewhere. Hopefully he takes a look at how it's worked out for Higgy, and stay with us.

Aye, Osman is an immense presence - like you though I fear he'll be Joe the toff - he's 29 (?) and can't blame him if he's looking to maximise his earnings at this stage in his career.

• Like 1

Just a thought. If our league position is a lot higher than last year, perhaps we could use the dosh we get to offer better contracts to some of our good players?

In addition to the three mentioned above, I'd include Mr Dumbaya, in that group. He has been an incredible find. And a certain Mr Doolan too....

Possibly better solution would be to use the points money as an incentive for every player. We are allegedly debt free, so that cash could be used to try to retain the whole squad. Perhaps based on minutes played and obviously resigning. It is, after all, the players that make this club.

And Archie obviously.

Edited by douglas clark

Controversial, but if we stay up, Abdul leaves and United get relegated, would Paul Paton be a possible replacement ? I know he didn't leave on the best of terms, but he would fit straight into that role. He may be an A*** H*** of the highest order, but he is a decent player

There's no doubt he's highly rated as a leader by his team mates, but he's had a couple of lengthy spells out with injury which would worry me

Aye, Osman is an immense presence - like you though I fear he'll be Joe the toff - he's 29 (?) and can't blame him if he's looking to maximise his earnings at this stage in his career.

Yeah totally agree, i think as fans we forget football is a short career and they need to get as much out of it as possible. If i was offered an extra 500 quid a week (just as an example) for doing the same job i'd be off. Hopefully if we do finish in top 6, i know thats a big if i would like to think we could offer osman a better offer to keep him.

This is a big season for us i reckon with a few first team players already signed up for next year we could really push on next year. The only concern i'd have if we finished top 6 then surely someone would be in for archie.

On our gates we will find it impossible to hold onto class players. I've been saddened by the low turnouts and I'm probably part of the problem, typical of many fans with other interests and commitments- I've been to only about 6 home games this season.

But I agree, Osman signed up would be epic. Wish Banzo all the best. Now if we can just tempt Ecclestone back................. :)