George Martin

Jaggernaut

Sorry - never liked the Beatles.

The most over-hyped bunch of self-interested, self-centred, self-publicising, overpaid musicians.

(Except Ringo,of course, who was never a musician.)

I can't believe anyone is still interested in them, or their doings, 46 years after their mercifully brief career.

....'mon The Stones..and The Small Faces..and The Kinks..

George Martin seemed a decent punter, right enough.

*steps back and awaits a kicking *

While there is no doubt the earth is flat, the passing of George Martin is a sad day. To many good guys going just now. If you never liked the Beatles, your just a pup. Granted the kinks were the next best thing, but the songs, yes written by Lennon & McCartney, were brought to life by George Martin.

Sorry - never liked the Beatles.

The most over-hyped bunch of self-interested, self-centred, self-publicising, overpaid musicians.

(Except Ringo,of course, who was never a musician.)

I can't believe anyone is still interested in them, or their doings, 46 years after their mercifully brief career.

....'mon The Stones..and The Small Faces..and The Kinks..

George Martin seemed a decent punter, right enough.

*steps back and awaits a kicking *

No kicking, RS; only pity.

No pity required, thank you.

Lived through their era and thought there were far more interesting bands that got far less attention.

Think PTFC and the old firm.....:-)

I also grew up with them, and loved many other contemporaneous bands (Hollies, Stones, then a whole raft of bands in the later 60s). But without the Beatles, I doubt if any of those bands would have even existed.

With George Martin in the sound booth, the Beatles just got better and better and better from rubber soul to revolver to sgt pepper. Did he not also serve as spike milligan's best man? If I am correct, then not only was he the fifth beetle but also the fifth goon...